We are looking for a Tier 2 Technical Support Engineer to join our City Projects & Operations team. In this role, you will champion the customer and problem solve some of our most challenging technical escalations. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience and a strong technical background. This is a role that needs someone with a strong desire to be hands on and the patience to solve customer and partner’s concerns with a can-do attitude.
What You'll Do
- Troubleshoot and fix technical issues on complex systems with a wide range of strategies and tools
- Establish, manage and lead support know-how, issue resolution capabilities and customer problem solving
- Collaborate closely with the relevant R&D team, Partner Success, and operations departments to respond to customer escalations.
- Track, follow and improve SLA & KPIs to measure team success
Who you are:
- 3+ years of experience in technical support
- Hands-on experience with different operating systems (linux preferred)
- Scripting in Bash/Python for management and automation tasks ( including, but not limited to, configuration gathering, upgrades, log-parsing & analysis)
- Relevant experience and working in a Cloud & SaaS environment
- Experience with the following: Kubernetes, AWS, Git, Jenkins
- Vast Networking understanding and ability to diagnose issues related to: DNS, connectivity, and VPN
- A multitasker, hands-on problem-solver,, and process oriented
- Have a can-do attitude, great communication skills, and a creative mind to solve problems
- Fast learner and passionate about adopting new technologies
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems and sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized and customizable solutions for each and every one of our global partners (100 and counting, last we checked…)
Long story short: we’re very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world and modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
! Via cares about your health and safety and takes prevention and control measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19. In this regard we are temporarily transitioning to an entirely virtual hiring process and we have also implemented an effective work-from-home policy across all of our offices.
*In regard to GDPR 2016/679 you hereby give your consent the personal data included in your CV/Resume/Motivational letter to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment and hiring process in the company.