Via has partnered with transit agencies around the world to transform Paratransit, Non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT), and other public transit services. As a Via Operations Associate, you will drive continuous improvement in our transit operations. You will discover opportunities, engage with drivers, riders and operators, define problems, align with other teams in Via and the local operations teams and drive change and measurable impact. You will own specific target improvements (e.g. in areas across unit economics, customer experience, shift scheduling), and manage projects end-to-end. We hope you are up for it!
What You'll Do
- Interface with our current transit agency partners directly, speak to their service operations, offer insights and analysis, source feedback, and solve specific pain points
- Solve problems in real time - engage with our Operations teams to create solutions for problems as they arise - e.g. drivers performance, rider trip length, trip on time performance
- Tap into Via’s in-house technology and product knowledge base to help our Transit deployments and connect our business to our operational know-how
- Develop and maintain executive reports, dashboards, and resources that track key metrics for our teams and clients and enable us to scale our efforts and team’s reach
- Tirelessly work to scale operational processes, products and systems to drive required outcomes
- Serve as point of contact for our current Transit Operations GMs and Site Directors to preempt and respond to operational issues
- Support our Transit Businesses by leveraging key learnings from active services to shape our product features and operations practices
Who You Are
- You are a bar raiser - always aiming for higher; and always being accountable for your own performance first
- You are comfortable working in a fast paced environment, operating in ambiguity, and shifting priorities quickly
- You are a problem solver; you don’t accept the status quo and are always looking for creative solutions
- Everything that comes in your way is met with a "roll up your sleeves" attitude. You partner effectively with others in order to provide solutions in all areas of our department and business
- Meticulous and vigilant, with a high level of attention to detail
- Team player that thrives working with diverse teams across all Via offices
- Analytical and obsessed with numbers; you’re comfortable manipulating data with platforms such as Excel, Tableau, and Snowflake
- Obtained a Bachelor's degree
What Catches Our Eye
- 1-2 years of experience at a startup, consulting firm, or in a similarly fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated record of entrepreneurial achievement and/or independent project work
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
We’re proud to be leading a worldwide transportation revolution and modernizing mobility for all. Through intelligently-designed systems and sophisticated algorithms, we craft localized solutions for each one of our global partners. Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.