As Partnerships Principal, you’ll drive sales efforts in Japan by developing and converting sales opportunities with local public transportation companies as well as large private sector transportation providers and fleet owners. Via Mobility Japan has various partners in Japan, and we are accelerating this growth. You will build pipelines of qualified leads and masterfully manage all aspects of the sales cycle, from initial contact to closing. You’ll also become an expert on the Via platform and will partner cross-functionally with teams across the business to drive product and operational improvements.
What You'll Do:
- Build and manage a robust pipeline of sales opportunities in Japan with a focus on strategic accounts with public transportation companies and large private sector transportation providers
- Become an expert on the Via platform; display a deep understanding of its functionality, features, and impact for clients
- Develop insights regarding customer use-cases; position and present Via as an ideal solution for client needs
- Strategically navigate the buying and renewal processes; communicate tactfully and persuasively with stakeholders and budget decision makers
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams including Finance, Expansion, Growth, Partner Success and Product to drive operational and product improvements
- Be the face of Via in Japan, speaking at conferences, establishing key relationships with the press and advising on local marketing plans
- Actively research the competitive landscape -- identifying market, product, and pricing trends -- and succinctly share findings with key stakeholders to ensure that we’re always one step ahead
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience in client-facing roles (e.g. strategy consulting, key account management, strategic partnerships), preferably in fast-paced, product-driven environments
- An outstanding track record in enterprise software/SaaS sales or a background in transportation (including strong public sector and large enterprise relationships) is not required but is a decided advantage
- Expertise in prospecting, cross-selling, and developing relationships with senior level officials and executives
- A history of demonstrated quota achievement and consistent territory growth
- Excellent written and verbal communication; whether in customer conversations, product presentations, or written proposals, you always strike the right tone and communicate clearly and persuasively
- Superb commercial intuition and exceptional judgement -- you know when to push and when to yield in maximizing the value of a potential deal
- Passionate and relentless about growth; you’re not deterred by setbacks and enjoy the process of building high-value relationships over time
- An independent self-starter: you enjoy working in fast-paced environments and feel comfortable with a high level of responsibility
- Detail-oriented and thorough; able to effectively juggle multiple tasks/projects at once in a highly fluid work environment
- Must be willing to travel 25-50% as needed
- Bachelor's degree
- Business level Japanese and English
What Catches Our Eye:
- Experience at a start-up and/or in the mobility sector a plus
- Advanced degree
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. We’re building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation that’s friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. We’ve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, and we’re growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries and deployments in more than 50 markets, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we’d love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.