We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join and work at our R&D center in Sofia to work remotely with the TLV team. The position is to be part of a Development team responsible for Via’s production quality, cutting-edge server software and scalable, robust infrastructure to deliver Via's ride sharing service in NYC and globally. You will also build the cloud based tools that enable Via's dispatch operators and drivers to seamlessly handle real-time shared rides in mass scale.
What You’ll Do:
- Implement the components that bind complex routing, real-time customer and driver management, mass scale user communication into a complete, mission critical service.
- Define and implement effective cloud infrastructure scaling solutions based on best-in-class standard tools.Designing and implementing POCs and production ready sub-systems to handle customer service, advanced analytics , operational shift management and more.
Who You Are:
- You have 3+ years of backend programming experience.
- You have a solid background in an object oriented programming language.
- You are familiar with cloud-based deployment (AWS or other platforms).
- You are not afraid of multi tasking and switching between different programming languages, each suitable for different tasks.
- You have experience working with remote teams.
- You are a fast learner: you can quickly master concepts, disciplines and methods.
- You are a team player with great communication skills.
- You are pragmatic. When you hear about a difficult problem you are able to transform it into a simple one (or more), that you can easily solve.
- You are concise - you get stuff done, in a simple, elegant way.
- You are proficient in English.
What Catches Our Eye:
- Computer Science degree or similar.
- Some experience with frontend development using Angular/React.
- Proficiency in Python.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems and sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized and customizable solutions for each and every one of our global partners (100 and counting, last we checked…)
Long story short: we’re very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world and modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
“Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
Via cares about your health and safety and takes prevention and control measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19. In this regard we are temporarily transitioning to an entirely virtual hiring process and we have also implemented an effective work-from-home policy across all of our offices.
In regard to GDPR 2016/679 you hereby give your consent the personal data included in your CV/Resume/Motivational letter to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment and hiring process in the company.”