We are looking for a Data and Applied Scientist to join our R&D center in TLV. The ideal candidate is an experienced and creative problem solver that strives to solve complex problems with simple solutions and has a strong algorithmic background and a track record developing data-driven models.
Having a hard time deciding between data science and optimization problem solving? You no longer have to choose, because we need you to do both!
What You'll Do
- Model complex problems using methods from graph theory and discrete optimization.
- Use machine learning techniques and statistical methods to analyze and build predictive models for the interactions between demand and supply in a variety of cities and deployment types.
- Take full end-to-end ownership over your code, from initial brainstorming to deployment in production.
Who You are
- M.Sc. / Ph.D. in a quantitative field.
- Extensive knowledge of algorithms, with a focus on graph theory and discrete optimization.
- Extensive knowledge of statistics and data science.
- At least 3 years of experience in hands-on algorithms development / data science.
- Experience with Python development.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Analytical: you can extract the essential features of a complex real-life problem to arrive at an elegant and robust mathematical model.
- Creative: you "think outside the box" and use your experience and intuition to apply methods from many disciplines to a problem.
- Fast learner: you can quickly master new concepts, disciplines and methods.
- Hands-on: you are able to realize your ideas in code.
- Experienced with Serverless and AWS Lambda - Advantage
- Experienced with linear programming - Advantage
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems and sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized and customizable solutions for each and every one of our global partners (100 and counting, last time we checked…)
Long story short: we’re very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world and modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.