We are looking for a Senior iOS Engineer to take our mobile applications and products to the next level. The engineering team at Via has built an amazing software, but we've got some big plans and we're going to need your assistance. You’ll be part of a freshly created cross-functional team in our new engineering office in Sofia, Bulgaria.
What You’ll Do
- Develop native iOS applications using Swift 5.0+ for a platform that handles thousands of concurrent users;
- Be on the frontlines, writing the code and helping our product and design teams to create modern, user-friendly, and beautiful solution;
- Help your fellow engineers with mentoring and coaching, code reviews and standards, along with helping your product team deliver high quality software;
- Take active part in all stages of the development life cycle – analysis, estimation, documentation, coding, bug fixing and support;
- Work with the product owners to develop new features;
- Work in an agile / lean environment and help development teams adopt best practices;
- Reliably deliver high quality software on assigned projects. Work with the team to break down responsibilities;
- Effectively manage your own work and help coordinate tasks by other team members of those around you to support our commitment to product delivery;
- Be part of a cross-functional Native Mobile Team with end-to-end responsibility for end result;
- Suggest ideas for architectural improvement and initiate them;
- Raise issues early and offer solutions, mitigation strategies, or workarounds so that the team can adapt;
- Provide timely and thorough review of issues and pull requests.
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of experience in software applications development;
- You have 2+ years of experience in developing native iOS;
- You have strong knowledge of Swift (Objective-C is a plus);
- You write simple, super-readable and clean code.
- You know and care about writing performant code for iOS devices and have traced and fixed performance issues yourself;
- You have good architectural knowledge in mobile app development;
- You have a solid experience in mobile UI development;
- You are experienced in working with remote data via REST or third party libraries and APIs;
- You have a BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent - desirable;
- You are an artist in mind, and take pride in pixel perfect user interfaces;
- You are a team player with a "can do" attitude;
- You are passionate about software engineering and constantly expanding your knowledge;
- You are driven by tough challenges, and producing high quality solutions;
- You are a humble and proactive team player;
- You have good communication skills and logical thinking;
- You have a very good command of the English language both speaking and writing.
What Catches Our Eye
- Interest in industry leading design principles and best practices for iOS;
- Experience in the mobility industry;
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems and sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized and customizable solutions for each and every one of our global partners (100 and counting, last we checked…)
Long story short: we’re very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world and modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
! Via cares about your health and safety and takes prevention and control measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19. In this regard we are temporarily transitioning to an entirely virtual hiring process and we have also implemented an effective work-from-home policy across all of our offices.
*In regard to GDPR 2016/679 you hereby give your consent the personal data included in your CV/Resume/Motivational letter to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment and hiring process in the company.