We are looking for a talented and motivated Android Developer to take our apps to the next level.You will be joining the Rider Android Team and take part in developing new features and architecture for a fast growing product. Our Driver Group has developed several apps already. The main one is the Rider app, which has 70 different co-branded instances in the store and their number is growing every day.
What You’ll Do
- Develop Android applications for a platform that handles thousands of concurrent users in the competitive Ride-Sharing world.
- Be on the frontlines, writing the code to create a modern, user-friendly, and beautiful solution.
- Work closely with Product Managers, Backend Developers, QA, Automation and Designers in a fast pace environment.
- Work in an agile environment and help development teams adopt best practices.
- Reliably deliver high quality software on assigned projects.
- Work with the team to break down responsibilities, brainstorm and develop new features and infrastructure.
- Raise issues early and offer solutions, mitigation strategies, or workarounds so that the team can adapt.
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of experience in software applications development.
- You have 3+ years of experience in developing native Android apps.
- You have strong knowledge of Java and Kotlin.
- You have a solid understanding in the full Mobile development life cycle.
- You have good architectural knowledge in Mobile app development.
- You have solid experience in mobile UI development.
- You are experienced in working with remote data via REST or gRPC, third party libraries and APIs.
- You are a tech savvy team player with a "can do" attitude.
- You are passionate about software engineering and constantly expanding your knowledge.
- You are driven by tough challenges, and producing high quality solutions.
- You are able to motivate and drive your colleagues towards success and you are a humble and proactive team player.
- You have good communication skills and logical thinking.
- You are fluent in English language.
What Catches Our Eye
- Experience in the mobility industry and working in a team;
- Experience in developing Native, large scale apps with high standards;
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- Passion and motivation for Android development.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems and sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized and customizable solutions for each and every one of our global partners (100 and counting, last we checked…)
Long story short: we’re very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world and modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
! Via cares about your health and safety and takes prevention and control measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19. In this regard we are temporarily transitioning to an entirely virtual hiring process and we have also implemented an effective work-from-home policy across all of our offices.
*In regard to GDPR 2016/679 you hereby give your consent the personal data included in your CV/Resume/Motivational letter to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment and hiring process in the company.