As a Software Engineer - Data Infrastructure, you’ll help design and implement our mission-critical data infrastructure that seamlessly enables mass-scale, highly complex and data intensive operational service alongside cutting-edge algorithmic and analytics research for our global ride-sharing service. You’ll be working with remote teams in the USA on a daily basis, and a strong English language skills is a must.
What You’ll Do
- Build and manage the data infrastructure at scale that enables the rest of the company to easily interact with the mass-scale company data.
- Design and implement data pipelines from concepts to reality.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability and stability, automating processes, optimizing data delivery, etc.
- Drive speed, simplicity and robustness by automating production deployments.
Who You Are
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer developing production quality software.
- Strong track-record of building, launching, and interacting with data pipelines at scale in both a batch and streaming fashion.
- Proficiency in SQL, and Python or other programming languages.
- Experience with ETL/ELT tools.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Concise: you get stuff done, in a simple, elegant way.
- Fast learner: you can quickly master concepts, disciplines and methods.
- Team worker: you understand the goals of the team and work towards them.
- Pragmatic: you hear about a difficult problem and are able to transform it into a simple one (or more) that you can easily solve.
What Catches Our Eye
- Experience with cloud data warehouses like Snowflake, BigQuery.
- Experience with tools like Airflow, dbt, Kafka, Spark.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems and sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized and customizable solutions for each and every one of our global partners (100 and counting, last we checked…)
Long story short: we’re very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world and modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
! Via cares about your health and safety and takes prevention and control measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19. In this regard we are temporarily transitioning to an entirely virtual hiring process and we have also implemented an effective work-from-home policy across all of our offices.
*In regard to GDPR 2016/679 you hereby give your consent the personal data included in your CV/Resume/Motivational letter to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment and hiring process in the company.