As Operations Principal, New York City, you will supervise daily operations while driving continuous improvement and growth of our New York City business. As part of the NYC Operations team, you will be responsible for achieving ambitious expansion goals while also owning unit-economics and P&L targets. You will manage projects end-to-end, from launch through to on-going business lines within Via NYC.
Via’s operations in NYC are at the forefront of the development of Via’s integrated public mobility solution, combining our flagship Consumer-facing service with a game-changing public-sector Partnerships business serving a variety of use-cases. We design, launch, test and continually improve our services, working closely with Strategy, Expansion, Operations and Technical partners across the Company to develop key insights and innovative solutions that are used to grow Via worldwide.
What You'll Do:
- Own projects end-to-end (from planning, launch through to ongoing operations), with a particular focus on Via’s growing, highly innovative Partnerships business within NYC
- Work cross-functionally across many teams at Via - Expansion, Marketplace, Driver Growth, Rider Growth, Tech, Product, Data Science, etc to achieve ambitious expansion and financial targets
- Coordinate with Associates to ensure smooth operation of Via’s flagship service
- Devise and implement innovative strategies to source, onboard and manage Via Driver Partners
- Oversee complex fleet-management logistics, powered by Via’s proprietary technology tools
- Tirelessly work to scale operational processes and systems to drive rapid growth
Who You Are:
- Thrive in fast-paced environments, troubleshooting issues in real-time and overseeing multiple tasks simultaneously
- A great executor: you are detail-oriented and will do whatever it takes to get the job done
- You are able to own large, complex projects end-to-end and drive to results. You bring organization and structure to highly-dynamic, multi-faceted projects with many contributors
- Highly effective communicator, skilled at communicating professionally with customers / clients and with Driver Partners from a broad range of backgrounds (Spanish is a plus)
- Highly analytical and comfortable with making data-driven decisions at speed and scale - you can balance speed of execution with the necessity of using data to inform decision-making
- An independent self-starter: you enjoy working as part of a small team and are excited to help grow Via NYC
- 5+ years of work experience, likely at a high-growth startup, established tech company, consulting, or financial firm
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree with a record of exceptional academic and professional achievement.
What Catches Our Eye:
- Serious project management experience, with demonstrable ownership of project outcomes
- You have worked to launch and scale a product or new business
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
We’re proud to be leading a worldwide transportation revolution and modernizing mobility for all. Through intelligently-designed systems and sophisticated algorithms, we craft localized solutions for each one of our global partners. Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.