We are looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer to join our R&D center in Sofia. The position will be part of an Engineering team responsible for Via’s production quality, highly scalable backend microservices and robust infrastructure to deliver Via's ride sharing service globally. You will also build the cloud based tools that enable Via's dispatch operators and drivers to seamlessly handle real-time shared rides on a mass scale.
What You’ll Do
- Implement the components that bind complex routing, real-time customer and driver management, mass scale user communication into a complete, mission critical service.
- Define and implement effective cloud infrastructure scaling solutions based on best-in-class standard tools.
- Design and implement POCs (proof of concept) and production ready sub-systems to handle customer service, advanced analytics, operational shift management and more.
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of backend programming experience.
- You have solid algorithms and data structures knowledge.
- You have a solid background in some of the programming languages: C++/Go/Java/Python.
- You are familiar with cloud-based deployment (AWS, GCP or other platforms).
- You are familiar with Docker and Kubernetes.
- You are not afraid of multitasking or switching between different programming languages, each suitable for different tasks (such as C++, Go, Java, Python, etc.).
- You are a fast learner - you can quickly master concepts, disciplines and methods.
- You are a flexible team player with great communication skills.
- You are pragmatic - when you hear about a difficult problem you are able to simplify it so that you can easily solve it.
- You are concise - you get stuff done, in a simple, elegant way.
What Catches Our Eye
- BSc in Computer Science or similar.
- Independent, flexible and adaptive to change.
- Experience working in a SaaS environment.
- Experience working on projects with short deadlines.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems and sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized and customizable solutions for each and every one of our global partners (100 and counting, last we checked…)
Long story short: we’re very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world and modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
! Via cares about your health and safety and takes prevention and control measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19. In this regard we are temporarily transitioning to an entirely virtual hiring process and we have also implemented an effective work-from-home policy across all of our offices.
*In regard to GDPR 2016/679 you hereby give your consent the personal data included in your CV/Resume/Motivational letter to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment and hiring process in the company.