We are looking for a DevSecOps Engineer to join our Engineering center in Sofia. The position is to be part of the security team responsible for the security and privacy of our riders, drivers and partners. This role is an opportunity to work on a cutting-edge, scalable and robust infrastructure and has real impact on the company.
What You’ll Do
- Build latest state of the art solutions to problems that interrupt security, availability and performance in our systems, services, and products at scale
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the applications, systems and databases architecture
- Bring ideas to the table, take ownership over their project timelines and deliverables and help us scale
- Handle outages and security incidents, provide resolution and root cause analysis, including post-mortem description, protocol of the resolution and further mitigation/prevention actions
- Configure and improve monitoring systems to provide swift responses to critical alerts to prevent outages
- Provide subject matter expertise in various risk assessments, working in an Agile environment with an understanding of the full software development lifecycle
- Partner with the engineering teams to create, implement and apply DevSecOps principles, processes and culture that are consumed across our company
- Be a trusted automation and tooling advisor for DevSecOps initiatives by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights and advice
Who You Are
- You have 3+ years of experience in a similar position
- You are experienced in Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure and services - a must
- You are experienced in containerized environments, microservices and serverless
- You have experience in cloud networking architecture and security
- You are exposed to one or more programming languages (Python, Bash, etc.)
- You are team player, fast self-learning individual, problem solver
- You possess good communication skills and logical thinking
- You are fluent in English
What Catches Our Eye
- You have experience with IaC frameworks such as Terraform and Serverless Framework
- You are experienced in security tools like Prsima, Aqua, Clair, Hashicorp Vault, CloudGuard, etc.
- You have experience with Certificates, Secrets and Key Stores
- You have earned BA/BS degree in computer science or equivalent
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems and sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized and customizable solutions for each and every one of our global partners (100 and counting, last we checked…)
Long story short: we’re very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world and modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
! Via cares about your health and safety and takes prevention and control measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19. In this regard we are temporarily transitioning to an entirely virtual hiring process and we have also implemented an effective work-from-home policy across all of our offices.
*In regard to GDPR 2016/679 you hereby give your consent the personal data included in your CV/Resume/Motivational letter to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment and hiring process in the company.