We are looking for a Mid-level DevOps to produce and support tools for our new scalable software solutions. You’ll be part of a freshly created cross-functional team in our new engineering office in Sofia, Bulgaria, that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
We write a lot of Ansible for automation and yet we are polyglots. If you are coming from a different ops environment, joining our team will be the best way to learn new tech while applying your engineering background. We also run Istio and Knative on top of Kubernetes for most of our workloads.
What You’ll Do
- Build latest state of the art solutions to problems that interrupt availability and performance in our systems, services, and products at scale
- Build CI/CD automation with GitLab
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the applications, systems and databases architecture
- Bring ideas to the table, take ownership over their project timelines and deliverables and help us scale
- Handle outages, provide resolution and root cause analysis, including post-mortem description, protocol of the resolution and further mitigation/prevention actions
- Configure and improve monitoring systems to provide swift responses to critical alerts to prevent outages
- Work in contact with other teams across the company to ensure smooth and documented changes to all environments
- Be a team player with a knack for utility
- Share your expertise with the team by putting your ego aside
- Make sure that you and everyone around you are growing towards an outstanding group of professionals who share the same passion
- Write your technical docs or implementation proposals, mentor and improve the overall performance of the service
Who You Are
- You have 1+ years of experience with provisioning infrastructure and services in AWS with Terraform
- You have 1+ years proven track record in administration: AWS Lambda, Docker, Kubernetes
- You are motivating and guiding your colleagues towards success
- You are humble and proactive team player
- You possess good communication skills and logical thinking
- You are fluent in English
What Catches Our Eye
- You have being working on projects with Python, Node.js, GoLang
- You have experience with AWS and barebone servers
- You have earned BA/BS degree in computer science or equivalent
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems and sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized and customizable solutions for each and every one of our global partners (100 and counting, last we checked…)
Long story short: we’re very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world and modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
! Via cares about your health and safety and takes prevention and control measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19. In this regard we are temporarily transitioning to an entirely virtual hiring process and we have also implemented an effective work-from-home policy across all of our offices.
*In regard to GDPR 2016/679 you hereby give your consent the personal data included in your CV/Resume/Motivational letter to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment and hiring process in the company.