We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer to produce our new scalable software solutions. You’ll be part of a freshly created cross-functional team in our new engineering office in Sofia, Bulgaria, that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
We write a lot of GoLang and JS and yet we are polyglots. If you are coming from a different coding environment, joining our team will be the best way to learn new tech and move to GoLang as a solid backend engineer.
We run a lot of Kubernetes, Docker, Git, *Nix, AWS Lambdas, Cloud Functions.
We deploy in Google Cloud and AWS - if you don’t have experience we’re sure you’ll have enough time to learn the cloud stacks
What You’ll Do
- Develop backend services using Golang using appropriate libraries and frameworks
- Develop frontend implementations using TypeScript and the latest Web standards
- Utilise React/Redux and common ecosystem libraries. Research and support the development of native mobile applications
- Operate with an existing relational (e.g CockroachDB) and non-relational (e.g. MongoDB, Cloud Firestore) database. Analyse and design the database structure
- Apply best practices to the design of data structures and algorithms. Strive for both simplicity and performance
- Share your expertise with the team by putting your ego aside
- Write your technical docs or implementation proposals, mentor and improve the overall performance of the team
- Bring ideas to the table, take ownership over project timelines and deliverables, and help us scale
Who You Are
- You have proven experience as a Full Stack developer
- You have mastered one of Go, Python, C/C++, C#, Java, TypeScript
- You are familiar with common stacks
- You have a knack for visual design and utility
- You make sure that you and everyone around you are growing towards an outstanding group of professionals who share the same passion
- You are a personable and bright team player
- You are able to motivate and drive your colleagues towards success, and you are a humble and proactive team player
- You have good communication skills and logical thinking
- You are fluent in English language
What Catches Our Eye
- Previous experience with Go
- BCS or equivalent experience
- Experience working with distributed systems
- Experience working in the mobility sector
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems and sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized and customizable solutions for each and every one of our global partners (100 and counting, last we checked…)
Long story short: we’re very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world and modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
! Via cares about your health and safety and takes prevention and control measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19. In this regard we are temporarily transitioning to an entirely virtual hiring process and we have also implemented an effective work-from-home policy across all of our offices.
*In regard to GDPR 2016/679 you hereby give your consent the personal data included in your CV/Resume/Motivational letter to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment and hiring process in the company.