About This Role
We are looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer to produce our new scalable software solutions. You’ll be part of a freshly created cross-functional team in our new engineering office in Sofia, Bulgaria, that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
We write a lot of GoLang and JS still yet we are polyglots. If you are coming from a different coding environment, joining our team will be the best way to learn new tech and move to GoLang as a solid backend engineer.
We run a lot of Kubernetes, Docker, Git, *Nix, AWS Lambdas, Cloud Functions.
We deploy in Google Cloud and AWS - if you don’t have experience we’re sure you’ll have enough time to learn the cloud stacks
What You’ll Do
- Develop backend services using Golang using appropriate libraries and frameworks.
- Operate with an existing relational (e.g CockroachDB) and non-relational (e.g. MongoDB, Cloud Firestore) database. Analyse and design the database structure.
- Apply best practices to the design of data structures and algorithms. Strive for both simplicity and performance. Apply best practices when designing software architecture.
- Collaborate with the team on the development of technical solutions, processes and requirements.
- Keep and improve the quality of the code and surrounding automation.
- Share your expertise with the team by putting your ego aside.
- Write technical docs or implementation proposals, mentor and improve the overall performance of the team.
- Bring ideas to the table, take ownership over project timelines and deliverables, and help us scale.
Who You Are
- You have a proven experience as a Backend Engineer - at least 5 years.
- You are familiar with common stacks.
- You are modest, humble and proactive.
- You are a personable and bright team player.
- You are focused on delivering value to the customer.
- You make sure that you and everyone around you are growing towards an outstanding group of professionals who share the same passion.
- You have good communication skills and logical thinking.
- You have a very good command of the English language.
What Catches Our Eye
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience working with distributed systems.
- Previous experience with Go and microservices.
- Self-motivated and ready to take on new challenges.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems and sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized and customizable solutions for each and every one of our global partners (100 and counting, last we checked…)
Long story short: we’re very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world and modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
! Via cares about your health and safety and takes prevention and control measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19. In this regard we are temporarily transitioning to an entirely virtual hiring process and we have also implemented an effective work-from-home policy across all of our offices.
*In regard to GDPR 2016/679 you hereby give your consent the personal data included in your CV/Resume/Motivational letter to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment and hiring process in the company.