As Strategy & Business Development Principal, you will take on a leadership role in establishing ViaVan as Europe’s leading developer and operator of smart public mobility systems. You will leverage your deep understanding of potential partners’ transportation challenges and goals, and apply your knowledge of ViaVan’s unique technical and operational strengths, to scope and design thoughtful and effective shared mobility services. Moreover, you will work with other senior members of the Strategy and Business Development Teams to vet new ViaVan markets, craft market entry plans, and explore new verticals.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Apply your business strategy skills to create context-specific service plans for ViaVan’s public transit partners.
- Conduct rigorous research on global and local mobility trends and markets by analyzing news and other forms of information, conducting interviews, and synthesizing findings into insightful strategies.
- Oversee competitive tender and other procurement processes from beginning to end -- through strategic evaluation, content creation, review, and submission.
- Design new ViaVan services to serve diverse communities throughout Europe in close collaboration with our internal consulting team.
- Represent ViaVan at meetings with transportation executives, government leaders, and other potential partners
- Meticulous and strategic; you can pay attention to every detail in a complex project while, at the same time, relate each of them to the big picture in a coherent way.
- An exceptional communicator with an instinctive appreciation for tone and structure; experience editing others’ written work.
- Socially-minded, action-oriented, and passionate about urbanism; you understand the importance of public transit and are motivated to improve access to mobility.
- A record of academic achievement, preferably in the humanities, social sciences, or another field that required regular long-form writing (undergraduate degree required, advanced degree preferred).
- At least 5 years of experience at a startup, consulting firm, or in a similarly fast-paced environment; management experience is a plus.
- Fully fluent reading, writing, and speaking capabilities in German and English a must (German on native or bilingual level).
What we offer you:
- An important role in a fast growing mission-driven technology company
- Meaningful work aimed at radically changing the way we move around in cities
- A feedback-seeking culture nurturing a steep personal learning curve
- A great, diverse local team passionate about technology and mobility (plus close collaboration with international colleagues in NYC and Tel Aviv)
- An amazing office in the center of Berlin with healthy fruits, drinks and a subsidized fitness club membership
- Above-market compensation package
At ViaVan, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. A joint venture between Via, the world's leading developer and provider of on-demand mass transit technology, and Daimler (Mercedes-Benz), the world's preeminent automotive company, ViaVan is transforming the way people get around. From on-demand buses in London to the world's largest publicly operated electric shuttle fleet in Berlin, ViaVan's sophisticated mobility operating system is powering transportation in Europe's biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players across the continent. We've provided more than 6 million shared rides since our launch in 2017, and we're growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in London, Berlin, and Amsterdam, projects in over twenty markets, and a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If you're someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, is passionate about building the next generation of mobility technology, and never backs down from a challenge, we want to hear from you!
ViaVan offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity.
ViaVan is an equal opportunity employer.