As Strategy and Business Development Principal, you will take on a leadership role in Via's tender management and will help us establish Via as Europe’s leading developer and operator of smart public mobility systems. You will leverage your deep understanding of potential partners’ transportation challenges and goals, and apply your knowledge of Via’s unique technical and operational strengths, to scope and design thoughtful and effective shared mobility services. A key aspect of this role is leading the project management and creation processes in our tender response efforts. You will be working with other senior members of the Strategy and Business Development Teams to vet new Via markets, craft market entry plans, and explore new verticals.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee competitive tender and other procurement processes from beginning to end -- through strategic evaluation, content creation, review, and submission.
- Generate high-quality original content for individual tender responses by closely ascertaining a partner's needs and deploying your familiarity with Via’s technology and operational capabilities, transit norms, and the latest innovations from across the industry.
- Apply your strategic thinking skills and work closely with Via’s Tech, Finance, and Expansion teams to create context-specific service plans and customized pricing and budgeting proposals.
- Oversee document flow and coordinate the team of authors to ensure responsiveness, adherence to quality standards, and legal compliance.
- Conduct rigorous research on global and local mobility trends and markets by analysing news and other forms of information, conducting interviews, and synthesising findings into insightful strategies.
- Represent Via at meetings with transportation executives, government leaders, and other potential partners.
Who You Are:
- Fully fluent in German and English (German at native or bilingual level)
- An exceptional communicator with an instinctive appreciation for tone and structure; experience editing others’ written work.
- Meticulous and strategic; you can pay attention to every detail in a complex project while, at the same time, relate each of them to the big picture in a coherent way.
- Socially-minded, action-oriented, and passionate about mobility; you understand the importance of public transit and are motivated to improve access to mobility overall.
- A record of academic achievement, preferably in a field that required regular long-form writing (undergraduate degree required, advanced degree preferred).
- At least 5 years of experience in a fast-paced environment, including with managing a team.
What Catches Our Eye:
- Prior experience at a startup, consulting firm, or in a leadership role is a plus
- Prior experience with tender or RfX management
- Fluency in additional languages
What We Offer You:
- An important role in a fast growing mission-driven technology company
- Meaningful work aimed at radically changing the way we move around in cities
- A feedback-seeking culture nurturing a steep personal learning curve
- A great, diverse local team passionate about technology and mobility (plus close collaboration with international colleagues in NYC and Tel Aviv)
- An amazing office in the centre of Berlin with healthy fruits, drinks and a subsidised fitness club membership
- Above-market compensation package
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
We’re proud to be leading a worldwide transportation revolution and modernizing mobility for all. Through intelligently-designed systems and sophisticated algorithms, we craft localized solutions for each one of our global partners. Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.