As Strategy and Business Development Principal, you will take on a leadership role in establishing ViaVan as Europe’s leading developer and operator of smart public mobility systems. You will leverage your deep understanding of potential partners’ transportation challenges and goals, and apply your knowledge of ViaVan’s unique technical and operational strengths, to scope and design thoughtful and effective shared mobility services. Moreover, you will work with other senior members of the Strategy and Business Development Teams to vet new ViaVan markets, craft market entry plans, and explore new verticals.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Apply your business strategy skills to create context-specific service plans for ViaVan’s public transit partners.
- Conduct rigorous research on global and local mobility trends and markets by analysing news and other forms of information, conducting interviews, and synthesising findings into insightful strategies.
- Oversee competitive tender and other procurement processes from beginning to end -- through strategic evaluation, content creation, review, and submission.
- Design new ViaVan services to serve diverse communities throughout Europe in close collaboration with our internal consulting team.
- Represent ViaVan at meetings with transportation executives, government leaders, and other potential partners
- Fully fluent in German and English (German at native or bilingual level)
- Meticulous and strategic; you can pay attention to every detail in a complex project while, at the same time, relate each of them to the big picture in a coherent way.
- An exceptional communicator with an instinctive appreciation for tone and structure; experience editing others’ written work.
- Socially-minded, action-oriented, and passionate about urbanism; you understand the importance of public transit and are motivated to improve access to mobility.
- A record of academic achievement, preferably in a field that required regular long-form writing (undergraduate degree required, advanced degree preferred).
- At least 5 years of experience in a fast-paced environment.
What Catches Our Eye
- An advanced degree
- Management experience
- Fluency in additional languages
- Experience at a start-up and/or in the mobility sector
What we offer you
- An important role in a fast growing mission-driven technology company
- Meaningful work aimed at radically changing the way we move around in cities
- A feedback-seeking culture nurturing a steep personal learning curve
- A great, diverse local team passionate about technology and mobility (plus close collaboration with international colleagues in NYC and Tel Aviv)
- An amazing office in the centre of Berlin with healthy fruits, drinks and a subsidised fitness club membership
- Above-market compensation package
We’re ViaVan, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently-designed operating systems and sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localised and customisable solutions for each and every one of our global partners (100 and counting, last we checked…)
Long story short: we’re very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world and modernising mobility. Ready to join the ride?
ViaVan offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity.
ViaVan is an equal opportunity employer.