We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join our R&D center in Jerusalem.The position is to be part of a Development team responsible for Via’s production quality, cutting-edge E2E software and scalable, robust infrastructure to deliver Via's ride sharing service in NYC and globally. You will also build the cloud based tools that enable Via's dispatch operators and drivers to seamlessly handle real-time shared rides in mass scale.
What You'll Do
- Implementing the components that bind complex routing, real-time customer and driver management, mass scale user communication into a complete, mission critical service.
- Defining and implementing effective cloud infrastructure scaling solutions based on best-in-class standard tools.Designing and implementing POCs and production ready sub-systems to handle customer service, advanced analytics , operational shift management and more.
- Design and implement solutions by developing server and client technologies
Who You Are
- BSc. Computer Science or similar.
- 3+ years of professional experience in backend and frontend development (Python, Node.js, React-Advantage)
- Have a solid background in an object oriented programming language.
- Familiar with cloud-based deployment (AWS or other platforms)
- Not afraid of multi tasking between many programming languages, each suitable for different tasks
- Fast learner: you can quickly master concepts, disciplines and methods.
- Team Player, great communication skills
- Pragmatic: you hear about a difficult problem and are able to transform it into a simple one (or more), that you can easily solve.
- Concise: you get stuff done, in a simple, elegant way.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems and sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized and customizable solutions for each and every one of our global partners (100 and counting, last we checked…)
Long story short: we’re very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world and modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.