We are looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer to produce our new scalable software solutions. You’ll be part of a freshly created cross-functional team in our new engineering office in Sofia, Bulgaria, that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
We write a lot of GoLang and JS still yet we are polyglots. If you are coming from different coding environment, joining our team will be the best way to learn new tech and move to GoLang as a solid backend engineer.
We run a lot of Kubernetes, Docker, Git, Bash, *Nix, AWS Lambdas, Cloud Functions.
We deploy in Google Cloud and AWS - if you don’t have experience we’re sure you’ll have enough time to learn the cloud stacks
Your key success factors:
- Should be comfortable around backend coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries;
- Should have nailed down the relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, CockroachDB) or NoSQL DBs (e.g. MongoDB, Cloud Firestore);
- Should be comfortable with data structures and algorithms;
- Should be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility;
- Share your expertise with the team by putting your ego aside;
- Should make sure that you and everyone around you are growing towards an outstanding group of - professionals who share the same passion;
- Should write your technical docs or implementation proposals, mentor and improve the overall performance of the team;
- Should bring ideas to the table, take ownership over project timelines and deliverables and help us scale;
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent - desirable
- Proven experience as a Backend Engineer - at least 5 years
- Familiarity with common stacks
- Modesty, humbleness, proactiveness
- Sparkling and sharp team player
- Good communication and logical thinking
- Very good command of English language
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. We’re building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation that’s friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally.
We’ve provided more than 70 million shared rides already, and we’re growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 20 countries with more than 90 transit partners, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we’d love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
*In regard with GDPR 2016/679 you hereby give your consent the personal data included in your CV/Resume/Motivational letter to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment and hiring process in the company.