Via has partnered with transit agencies around the world to offer paratransit services. As a General Manager of our Hampton Roads Transit Paratransit service, you’ll ensure operational excellence and mastermind polished processes with an eye for quality and efficiency. You’ll manage daily operations while driving continuous improvement and growth of the service.
The General Manager role requires a combination of intelligence, empathy, creativity, and leadership that few possess. This is an opportunity for a truly outstanding individual to lead our innovative, technology Powered paratransit service. You’ll need to be an exceptional motivator, an extremely organized planner, and an innate problem solver.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the on-site daily operations of Via’s Paratransit service on behalf of Hampton Roads Transit and ensure a stable and continuously improving service
- Lead a diverse team of operations managers, drivers and support specialists with vision, empathy and courage
- Prioritize operational issues as a real-time point of contact for drivers and support specialists and provide creative solutions
- Be the face of the operation; develop relationships with driver partners, customers, community leaders, and local organizations
- Liaise closely with Via senior management and Via’s external partners
- Prepare reports and analyze data to improve operational processes, ensure resources are properly allocated, and maximize efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant federal, state, local and company policies, procedures and regulations on service operations
- Provide extensive training to new drivers in compliance with partner and regulatory requirements and oversee safety inspections
- Distinguished operations manager, with at least 4-6 years of management experience
- An independent self-starter, you thrive in fast-paced environments and feel comfortable with a very high level of responsibility
- A savvy and tactful communicator: you intuitively find the right tone in every situation
- A desire to foster a culture deeply committed to providing a world class customer service experience
- A detail-oriented executor: you’re obsessively action-oriented
- An experienced and exceptional leader: people love working with you and for you and you have extensive experience leading support teams
- Flexible and adaptable, you love the challenge of adapting to change rapidly and making things work on the fly
- Experience working in transit or transportation a plus
- Bachelor's Degree required
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. We’re building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation that’s friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. We’ve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, and we’re growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries, projects in more than 50 markets, and a goal of 200 deployments by the end of 2019. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we’d love to hear from you!
“Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.”