Via has partnered with transit agencies around the world to offer paratransit services. As a Site Director, you’ll ensure operational excellence and mastermind polished processes with an eye for quality and efficiency. You’ll also manage daily operations while driving continuous improvement and growth of the service.
The Site Director role requires a combination of intelligence, empathy, creativity, and leadership that few possess. This is an opportunity for a truly outstanding individual to lead our innovative, technology powered paratransit service. You’ll need to be an exceptional motivator, an extremely organized planner, and an innate problem solver.
What You'll Do
- Manage the on-site daily operations of Via’s Paratransit service on behalf of Hampton Roads Transit
- Prioritize operational issues as a real-time point of contact for drivers and dispatchers and provide creative solutions
- Be the face of the operation; develop relationships with driver partners, customers, community leaders, and local organizations
- Liaise closely with Via senior management and Via’s external partners
- Prepare reports and analyze data to improve operational processes, ensure resources are properly allocated, and maximize efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant federal, state, local and company policies, procedures and regulations on service operations
- Provide extensive training to new drivers in compliance with partner and regulatory requirements
- Oversee safety inspections: that they are properly scheduled, carried out, monitored, acted upon and documented
Who You Are
- Experienced operations manager, with at least 8 -10 years of experience
- An independent self-starter, you thrive in fast-paced environments and feel comfortable with a very high level of responsibility
- A savvy and tactful communicator: you intuitively find the right tone in every situation
- A desire to foster a culture deeply committed to providing a world class customer service experience
- A detail-oriented executor: you’re obsessively action-oriented
- An experienced and exceptional leader: people love working with you and for you and you have extensive experience leading support teams
- Flexible and adaptable, you love the challenge of adapting to change rapidly and making things work on the fly
- Experience working in paratransit a plus
- Bachelor's Degree required
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems and sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized and customizable solutions for each and every one of our global partners (100 and counting, last we checked…)
Long story short: we’re very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world and modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.