Job Title: Communications Associate Principal
Role type: Full-time and permanent
Advertisement Posting Date: 5 November 2019
Advertisement Closing Date: 3 December 2019
Background to ViaVan
At ViaVan, we’re on the cutting edge of mobility. A joint venture between Via, the world’s leading developer and provider of on-demand mass transit technology, and Daimler (Mercedes-Benz), the world’s preeminent automotive company, ViaVan is transforming the way people get around. From on-demand buses in London to the world’s largest publicly-operated electric shuttle fleet in Berlin, ViaVan’s sophisticated mobility operating system is powering transportation in Europe’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players across the continent.
Background to the role
We believe that great communication should influence all aspects of ViaVan's brand, whether through our products and services, marketing, or user communications. As Communications Associate Principal, you will work closely with senior leadership and work with creative team that is tasked with telling ViaVan's story to rider and driver audiences across ViaVan's cities of operations.
ViaVan’s footprint is growing beyond its current offices in London, Berlin, and Amsterdam, and with a goal of hundreds of new deployments over the next two years, the Communications Associate Principal will play an important role in making this next generation of mobility technology a reality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Explore and drive forward our consumer identity; become fully immersed in the ViaVan brand and mission and help us tell our story globally
- Oversee the development of creative materials for a wide variety of digital and physical media, including: advertising, printed materials, assets for press and partners, websites, internal and external videos, social media, exhibitions and events, office branding, and presentations
- Work with talented designers, project managers, and copywriters to drive forward projects to support rider and driver acquisition and retention strategy
- Work with teams in local ViaVan markets to review campaign and project results (e.g., impressions, clickthrough rates, etc.) with eye towards improving efficacy
- Develop localized content – for example, billboard advertisements, social media campaigns, email newsletters, and out-of-home campaigns – as ViaVan expands to new markets in Europe
- Work closely with senior leadership to develop cross-functional strategic marketing plans that drive awareness to ViaVan’s consumer and platform business operations
Essential skills, qualifications and requirements:
- Demonstrated eye for detail, aesthetic and witty copy that aligns with ViaVan's brand
- Experience as a holistic story-teller with previous work in conceptualizing and executing campaigns
- Experience with developing content for a variety of digital and physical media including printed materials and web content
- An exceptional team player with experience working with others on long term projects
- Skilled in a fast-paced work environment; able to multi-task, iterate quickly, and adapt to a rapidly evolving brand
- Previous experience in a communications-related or other role where writing was a primary focus
- Demonstrated experience with marketing-related tools such as Leanplum, Mailchimp, and SalesForce Marketing Cloud
- Familiarity with the Adobe suite of software and other digital content-related tools such as WordPress
- Bachelor’s degree with a high level of academic achievement (preferably in a communications-related or social science discipline)
To apply, please send your covering letter detailing how you meet the requirements for the role and CV.
Via Transportation UK Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.