We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our new site in Jerusalem. The position is to be part of a Development team responsible for Via’s production quality, cutting-edge server software and scalable, robust infrastructure to deliver Via's ride sharing service in NYC and globally. You will also build the cloud based tools that enable Via's dispatch operators and drivers to seamlessly handle real-time shared rides in mass scale.
What You'll Do
- Implement the components that bind complex routing, real-time customer and driver management, mass scale user communication into a complete, mission critical service.
- Define and implement effective cloud infrastructure scaling solutions based on best-in-class standard tools.
- Design and implement POCs and production ready sub-systems to handle customer service, advanced analytics, operational shift management and more.
Who You Are
- Earned a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar.
- Professional with 4+ years of experience.
- Have a solid background in an object oriented programming language.
- Familiar with cloud-based deployment (AWS or other platforms)
- Unafraid of multi tasking between many programming languages, each suitable for different tasks
- Fast learner; can quickly master concepts, disciplines and methods.
- Team Player with great communication skills
- Pragmatic; after hearing about a difficult problem, you are able to transform it into a simple one (or more), that you can easily solve.
- Concise; you get stuff done, in a simple and elegant way.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?