As Driver HR Manager, your mission is to set up and deploy our driver department’s HR administrative infrastructure and ongoing operations, including but not limited to: onboarding new hires, compiling employment contracts, administering social security and payroll processes, supporting your team's continuous development, implementing new company policies, and maintaining internal systems. Your responsibilities will span building the initial infrastructure and hiring a team to support you, to the continuous optimization of our recruiting processes and HR efforts. Ultimately, you will ensure our HR initiatives are cost-effective, running smoothly, and contributing to a world-class work environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Set-up HR administration infrastructure and processes, including employment contracts, health insurance registration, and payroll administration
- Build and successfully manage a team of HR generalists and recruiters
- Conceptualize and run successful recruitment campaigns in collaboration with other HR and marketing partners from other Via cities
- Assist with the recruitment and onboarding of new hires
- Monitor internal HR systems and databases
- Track key HR metrics like cost-per-hire and retention rates
- Oversee our payroll and performance evaluation systems
- Implement and champion company policies
- Ensure our record-keeping and data processing procedures comply with GDPR requirements
- 5+ years’ HR / People Operations experience, preferably with a startup company
- Graduate in HR Management, Business Administration, Psychology, Labor Relations, Law or closely related field
- Knowledge in contract management, labour law, preparatory payroll accounting, policies, and regulations
- Adequate knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Outstanding knowledge about sourcing strategies
- Familiarity with business and financial principles and practices
- Strong Knowledge of Excel, Google Calendar, and other basic IT skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Desire to motivate, manage, and develop a team
- Ability to use metrics and data to drive decision-making
- Strategic employer brand knowledge
- Fully fluent in German and English
What we offer you:
- An important role in a fast growing, mission-driven technology company
- Meaningful work aimed at radically changing the way we move around in cities
- A feedback-seeking culture nurturing a steep personal learning curve
- A great, diverse local team passionate about technology and mobility, plus close collaboration with international colleagues in Amsterdam, London, New York and Tel Aviv
- An amazing office in the center of Berlin with healthy fruits, drinks and a subsidized fitness club membership
- Above market compensation package
At ViaVan, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. A joint venture between Via, the world's leading developer and provider of on-demand mass transit technology, and Daimler (Mercedes-Benz), the world's preeminent automotive company, ViaVan is transforming the way people get around. From on-demand buses in London to the world's largest publicly operated electric shuttle fleet in Berlin, ViaVan's sophisticated mobility operating system is powering transportation in Europe's biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players across the continent. We've provided more than 6 million shared rides since our launch in 2017, and we're growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in London, Berlin, and Amsterdam, projects in over a dozen markets, and a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If you're someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, is passionate about building the next generation of mobility technology, and never backs down from a challenge, we want to hear from you!
ViaVan offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
ViaVan is an equal opportunity employer.