As Director/Principal of Policy and Government Affairs, you will work with the Head of Public Policy to develop and execute an impactful and comprehensive legislative and campaign strategy at the state and local levels.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identify legislative, budget, and ballot opportunities in states and localities to support the deployment of on-demand, public transit (aka microtransit)
- Effectively represent ViaVan and its vision for the improvement of communities to elected officials and their staff; to local/state public transit, environmental, and equity advocates; to community groups; and to local academic and other thought leaders
- Manage consultant and lobbyist engagements
- Work effectively within formal and informal industry coalitions, and otherwise develop industry contacts, to advance areas of common interest
- Draft official written material: op-eds, blog posts, policy proposals, formal correspondence, etc.
- Represent the company at local policy events and other forums
- Work closely with ViaVan’s Strategy and Partnerships teams to support and advance their work
- 10-15 years' relevant experience for Director, 5-10 years for Principal
- A strategic thinker and day-to-day executor who can juggle several issues at once; you’re able to effectively consider and solve both short and long-term problems
- Execution-oriented; a self-starter who takes action and achieves tangible results
- A natural at public affairs; an excellent communicator with demonstrated writing, editing, and speaking skills
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and feel comfortable with a high level of responsibility
- You have a strong ability to articulate strategic objectives and have a deep knowledge of government and politics
- In policy or geographic areas that are new to you, you can quickly get up to speed, identify the key issues, and quickly develop and execute a strategy
- Have extensive experience managing relationships with a broad spectrum of stakeholders
- Have significant legislative, political, campaign, and/or advocacy experience
- Fluency in German and English
At ViaVan, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. We’re building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation that’s friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. We’ve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, and we’re growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries, projects in more than 80 markets, and a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we’d love to hear from you!
ViaVan offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity.
ViaVan is an equal opportunity employer.