As Director/Principal of Policy and Government Affairs, you will work with the Head of Public Policy to develop and execute an impactful and comprehensive legislative and campaign strategy at the state and local level.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identify legislative, budget, and ballot opportunities in states and localities to support the deployment of on-demand, public transit (aka microtransit)
- Effectively represent ViaVan and its vision for the improvement of communities to elected officials and their staff; to local/state public transit, environmental, and equity advocates; to community groups; and to local academic and other thought leaders
- Manage consultant and lobbyist engagements
- Work effectively within formal and informal industry coalitions, and otherwise develop industry contacts, to advance areas of common interest
- Draft official written material: op-eds, blog posts, policy proposals, formal correspondence, etc.
- Represent the company at local policy events and other forums
- Work closely with ViaVan’s Strategy and Partnerships teams to support and advance their work
- 5+ years for Principal, 10+ years of relevant experience for Director
- Significant legislative, political, campaign, and/or advocacy experience
- Fluency in German and English
- A strategic thinker and day-to-day executor who can juggle several issues at once; you’re able to effectively consider and solve both short and long-term problems
- Execution-oriented; a self-starter who takes action and achieves tangible results
- A natural at public affairs; an excellent communicator with demonstrated writing, editing, and speaking skills
- You are comfortable in fast-paced environments and enjoy having a high level of responsibility
- You have a strong ability to articulate strategic objectives and have a deep knowledge of government and politics
- In policy or geographic areas that are new to you, you can quickly get up to speed, identify the key issues, and quickly develop and execute a strategy
- Have extensive experience managing relationships with a broad spectrum of stakeholders
We’re ViaVan, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently-designed operating systems and sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localised and customisable solutions for each and every one of our global partners (100 and counting, last we checked…)
Long story short: we’re very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world and modernising mobility. Ready to join the ride?
ViaVan offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity.
ViaVan is an equal opportunity employer.