As a Mobility Consulting Principal, you’ll be on the cutting edge of the mobility revolution, helping public- and private-sector clients around the world solve complex mobility and infrastructure problems with forward-looking strategies incorporating microtransit, mobility-as-a-service platforms, seamlessly integrated multimodal solutions, and other creative approaches.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead complex transportation and transit analysis consulting and planning engagements on behalf of public- and private-sector clients.
- Develop creative service design and operations solutions to mobility challenges, leveraging Via’s market-leading microtransit, mobility-as-a-service, and transportation technology integration.
- Deliver microtransit feasibility studies, applying Via’s sophisticated microtransit simulation technology and best practices to determine where and how microtransit services should be deployed.
- Advise clients on developing financial and funding solutions for transportation and mobility programs.
- Design and execute stakeholder and public engagement strategies to understand demand for mobility services.
- Identify new product requirements that would allow Via to better meet the requirements of cities and transit agencies. Work with Via’s technology team to develop, test, and market the new products to our partners.
- Conceive of new business models leveraging Via’s expertise in microtransit technology development, microtransit operations, and technology integration.
- Identify new markets for Via’s existing and future product and service offerings.
- Oversee the development of responses to competitive procurements from beginning to end -- through evaluation, content creation, review, and submission.
- At least three years of experience in strategic consulting, urban planning, transportation planning or a related field.
- Demonstrated success as a self-starting problem solver, with a high-level of comfort extending yourself to learn new subject-matter.
- Enthusiasm for immersing yourself in complex urban-systems and transportation challenges.
- Excellent writing ability.
- Faculty with Excel and comfort with quantitative analysis.
- Graduate level degree in business, urban planning, or law from a top-tier program is strongly preferred.
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. We’re building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation that’s friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. We’ve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, and we’re growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries and deployments in more than 50 markets, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we’d love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.