As Director/Principal of State and Local Policy Campaigns, you will work with the Head of Policy & Government Affairs to develop and execute an impactful and comprehensive legislative and campaign strategy at the state and local levels.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identify legislative, budget, and ballot opportunities in states and localities to support the deployment of on-demand, public transit (aka microtransit).
- Effectively represent Via and Via’s vision for the improvement of communities to elected officials and their staff; to local/state public transit, environmental, and equity advocates; to community groups; and to local academic and other thought leaders.
- Manage consultant and lobbyist engagements
- Work effectively within formal and informal industry coalitions, and otherwise develop industry contacts, to advance areas of common interest
- Draft official written material: op-eds, blog posts, policy proposals, formal correspondence, etc.
- Represent the company at local policy events and other forums
- Work closely with Via’s Strategy and Partnerships teams to support and advance their work
- 10-15 years' relevant experience for Director, 5-10 years for Principal
- A strategic thinker and day-to-day executor who can juggle several issues at once; you’re able to effectively consider and solve both short and long-term problems
- Execution-oriented; a self-starter who takes action and achieves tangible results
- A natural at public affairs; an excellent communicator with demonstrated writing, editing, and speaking skills
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and feel comfortable with a high level of responsibility
- You have a strong ability to articulate strategic objectives and have a deep knowledge of government and politics;
- In policy or geographic areas that are new to you, you can quickly get up to speed, identify the key issues, and quickly develop and execute a strategy;
- Have extensive experience managing relationships with a broad spectrum of stakeholders
- Have significant legislative, political, campaign, and/or advocacy experience
At ViaVan, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. A joint venture between Via, the world's leading developer and provider of on-demand mass transit technology, and Daimler (Mercedes-Benz), the world's preeminent automotive company, ViaVan is transforming the way people get around. From on-demand buses in London to the world's largest publicly operated electric shuttle fleet in Berlin, ViaVan's sophisticated mobility operating system is powering transportation in Europe's biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players across the continent. We've provided more than 6 million shared rides since our launch in 2017, and we're growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in London, Berlin, and Amsterdam, projects in over a dozen markets, and a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If you're someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, is passionate about building the next generation of mobility technology, and never backs down from a challenge, we want to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.