As a Compliance Operations Principal, you will work closely with an elite team of highly dedicated and dynamic professionals, both lawyers and non-lawyers, who are graduates of the world’s top universities and law schools, and alums of elite private-sector and public-sector institutions. You will be an early hire in the build-out out Via’s global compliance infrastructure and will play an integral part in formulating and executing Via’s global compliance strategy. You will achieve those goals by generating data-driven insights, executing cross-city initiatives and developing next-generation product features. You will collaborate with top-notch global teams from the company’s engineering, finance, human resources, operations and policy teams to monitor, manage and resolve compliance-related issues.
What You'll Do
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and regulations and ordinances, for a wide variety of domestic and international on-demand transit deployments.
- Assist in the formulation, communication and implementation of compliance policies and procedures for a high-growth international business in a shifting regulatory space.
- Operationalize and effectuate compliance training programs and risk assessments.
- Serve as a knowledgeable internal compliance resource with subject matter expertise in a wide range of key compliance risk areas.
- Stay ahead of and attuned to any changes in regulatory requirements and industry best practices in the ridesharing space.
- Proactively identify compliance gaps and create compliance solutions across various areas of the business.
Who You Are
- Team player who welcomes responsibility and thrives in an intense, fast-paced environment.
- Resourceful self-starter who enjoys wearing multiple hats and digging into challenging projects, big and small.
- Adept multi-tasker with the ability to balance and prioritize multiple time-sensitive tasks effectively and independently.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Impeccable integrity and great judgment.
- Meticulous and vigilant, with a keen attention to detail.
- Interested in the changing regulatory landscape of the on-demand transportation industry.
- Excited by start-up culture, workspace, and development.
- Strong data analytics, computer or technical skills, ideally including comfort with working with large data sets and proficiency with contract management and data management software.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5 to 9 years of relevant post-college work experience or combined work experience and graduate education (such as an MBA).
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems and sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized and customizable solutions for each and every one of our global partners (100 and counting, last we checked…)
Long story short: we’re very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world and modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.