As a Compliance Operations Principal, you will work closely with an elite team of highly dedicated and dynamic professionals, both lawyers and non-lawyers, who are graduates of the world’s top universities and law schools, and alums of elite private-sector and public-sector institutions. You will be an early hire in the build-out out Via’s global compliance infrastructure and will play an integral part in formulating and executing Via’s global compliance strategy. You will achieve those goals by generating data-driven insights, executing cross-city initiatives and developing next-generation product features. You will collaborate with top-notch global teams from the company’s engineering, finance, human resources, operations and policy teams to monitor, manage and resolve compliance-related issues. You will also:
- build out and own a set of high-level KPIs for Via’s Compliance Team;
- be responsible for assessing the economic impact and cost of Via’s compliance procedures and policies;
- lead the definition, design and implementation of new rider-facing and driver-facing compliance products and features, working with our R&D Team in Tel Aviv, Israel; and
- work with city teams, general managers, and senior management to develop our global operating strategy and to react to ever-changing market and regulatory conditions.
You will gain hands-on exposure to all aspects of the compliance and regulatory landscape at a cutting-edge technology startup in an industry that presents a broad range of complex and interesting challenges. This position reports to the Head of Litigation and Regulatory Counsel within Via’s Legal Team.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and regulations and ordinances, for a wide variety of domestic and international on-demand transit deployments.
- Assist in the formulation, communication and implementation of compliance policies and procedures for a high-growth international business in a shifting regulatory space.
- Operationalize and effectuate compliance training programs and risk assessments.
- Serve as a knowledgeable internal compliance resource with subject matter expertise in a wide range of key compliance risk areas.
- Stay ahead of and attuned to any changes in regulatory requirements and industry best practices in the ridesharing space.
- Proactively identify compliance gaps and create compliance solutions across various areas of the business.
Who You Are:
- Team player who welcomes responsibility and thrives in an intense, fast-paced environment.
- Resourceful self-starter who enjoys wearing multiple hats and digging into challenging projects, big and small.
- Adept multi-tasker with the ability to balance and prioritize multiple time-sensitive tasks effectively and independently.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Impeccable integrity and great judgment.
- Meticulous and vigilant, with a keen attention to detail.
- Interested in the changing regulatory landscape of the on-demand transportation industry.
- Excited by start-up culture, workspace, and development.
- Strong data analytics, computer or technical skills, ideally including comfort with working with large data sets and proficiency with contract management and data management software.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5 to 9 years of relevant post-college work experience or combined work experience and graduate education (such as an MBA).
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. We’re building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation that’s friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. We’ve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, and we’re growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries and deployments in more than 50 markets, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we’d love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.