Via is looking for an exceptional lawyer to join us as we look to rapidly grow our business (including our SaaS licensing business with public and private sector customers) domestically and internationally and prepare to launch new cities around the world.
As Commercial Counsel, Legal Affairs, you will be the sixth full-time lawyer to join our dynamic and growing Legal Department, and the first to focus specifically on commercial contracts supporting our team in Tel Aviv. You will work closely with all members of the legal team, gaining hands-on exposure to all aspects of in-house legal work at a fast-growing startup.
- As a legal contact for our Partnerships team in Israel, you will manage multiple deals and support colleagues in the U.S. and internationally, with sound business and legal judgment and a clear sense of company priorities.
- Draft, review and negotiate a fast-growing pipeline of complex SaaS (Software as a Service)/TaaS (Transportation as a Service) contracts with a variety of public and private sector customers in Israel.
- Manage contractual relationships with software, infrastructure and cyber-security vendors and development tool providers.
- Ensure and track compliance with PPL, GDPR and other data privacy laws through oversight of Data Protection Agreements with vendors.
- Respond to inquiries on contract interpretation and compliance.
- Work on various contractual matters with cross-disciplinary teams from Finance, Business Development, Operations, Growth and Communications, and advise on relevant legal issues and risks, complex agreement structures, approval processes, and company policies and procedures.
- Support compliance requirements for our Israel-based deployments of the Via Solution.
- Provide general legal support to our global business on an as-needed basis.
- Meticulous and vigilant, with a keen attention to detail
- Willing to wear multiple hats and work on contracts of all types
- High-energy and enjoy working autonomously
- Outstanding contract drafter and negotiator
- Business-minded (you will negotiate business as well as legal issues)
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Interested in the changing regulatory landscape of the on-demand transportation industry
- Excited by start-up culture, work space, and development
- Law degree (JD, LLB or LLM) from a top tier law school, 2-5 years experience at a top law firm, in-house legal department or a combination of the two, including significant transactional experience.
- Active license to practice law in Israel.
- Experience with law in the US is a bonus.
- English and Hebrew business and legal fluency.
- Experience with startups is a bonus but not required.
- Substantive expertise in corporate and tech transactions preferred.
- Location is Tel Aviv, Israel.
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. We’re building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation that’s friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. We’ve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, and we’re growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries and deployments in more than 50 markets, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we’d love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.