At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. We’re building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation that’s friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. We’ve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, and we’re growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries, projects in more than 50 markets, and a goal of 200 deployments by the end of 2019. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we’d love to hear from you!
As Director of Rider Growth, your mission will be to scale a team of professionals and spearhead the rider growth efforts across all Via consumer markets in North America and Europe. You will be managing the customer lifecycle funnel and will be responsible for launching and scaling acquisition channels, setting up new rider incentives, and developing strategies to acquire, convert, engage, and retain riders on the Via Platform. Working closely with Via’s VP of Growth, General Managers, and the Brand and Creative team, you will be leading a team of marketing professionals and growth hackers, and will be responsible for driving Via’s growth across all our global markets.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work as the senior leadership component of the funnel management vertical within rider growth, engaging with top-level management across the company
- Build and lead a world-class team of acquisition, engagement, and retention marketers and growth hackers
- Uncover new growth opportunities (including new platforms, channels, and advertising and integration opportunities) to acquire new and engaged riders
- Optimize our user engagement funnel; advance our ability to segment, target, and serve our various types of customers
- Own a multi-million dollar acquisition and engagement marketing budget including advertising, incentives, and promotional spend
- Be the primary touchpoint with product teams to champion product and technology-led opportunities for rider growth
- Optimize conversion through rigorous testing of initiatives including: paid media campaigns, organic initiatives, conversion rate optimization, and engagement
- Constantly scrutinize and analyze all ongoing initiatives and strategies, reacting appropriately to pivot spend and capitalize on opportunities
- Work closely with Brand and Design teams to craft effective and targeted messaging for new riders
- 6+ years in growth and acquisition marketing, with a track record of creating, planning and executing customer acquisition, conversion, and engagement strategies to drive transformative business results
- Customer oriented: understanding the psychology of what works and why
- Channel expertise across the entire marketing mix including offline and online channels
- Strong background in marketing technology and data analytics, including experience with multi-channel attribution, conversion rate optimization, and customer segmentation
- Experience working with data scientists, data visualization tools, attribution modeling, and data feeds
- Hands-on, proactive approach and established testing philosophy
- Excellent leadership and team-building skills
- Ability to work with multiple teams and functions within the company including creative, engineering, marketing, and legal
- High level of independence and ability to execute across the marketing stack
- A skilled professional communicator - you engage easily with people of all backgrounds
- Self-starter who can power through ambiguity and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment.
- Strong academic background, MBA preferred
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.