As Strategic Partnerships Principal, you’ll significantly contribute to our sales efforts in Germany by developing and converting sales opportunities with state, local and national transit authorities as well as large private sector transportation providers and fleet owners. Via has dozens of partners globally, and we are accelerating this growth in key priority markets. You will build pipelines of qualified leads and masterfully manage all aspects of the sales cycle, from initial contact to closing. You’ll also become an expert on the Via platform and will partner cross-functionally with teams across the business to drive product and operational improvements.
What You'll Do
- Build and manage a robust pipeline of sales opportunities in your region with a focus on strategic accounts with state, local and national transit authorities and large private sector transportation providers
- Become an expert on the Via platform; display a deep understanding of its functionality, features, and impact for clients
- Develop insights regarding customer use-cases; position and present Via as an ideal solution for client needs
- Strategically navigate the buying and renewal processes; communicate tactfully and persuasively with stakeholders and budget decision makers
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams including Finance, Expansion, Growth, and Product to drive operational and product improvements
- Over time, build and manage a team of sales and customer success representatives
- Be the face of Via in your region, speaking at conferences, establishing key relationships with the press and advising on local marketing plans
- Actively research the competitive landscape -- identifying market, product, and pricing trends -- and succinctly share findings with key stakeholders to ensure that we’re always one step ahead
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience in client-facing roles (e.g., strategy consulting, key account management, strategic partnerships), preferably in fast-paced, product-driven environments
- Fluency in German and English
- An outstanding track record in enterprise software/SaaS sales or a background in transportation (including strong public sector relationships) is not required but is a decided advantage
- Expertise in prospecting, cross-selling, and developing relationships with senior level officials and executives
- A history of demonstrated quota achievement and consistent territory growth
- Excellent written and verbal communication; whether in customer conversations, product presentations, or written proposals, you always strike the right tone and communicate clearly and persuasively
- Superb commercial intuition and exceptional judgement -- you know when to push and when to yield in maximizing the value of a potential deal
- Passionate and relentless about growth; you’re not deterred by setbacks and enjoy the process of building high-value relationships over time
- An independent self-starter: you thrive in fast-paced environments and feel comfortable with a very high level of responsibility
- Detail-oriented and thorough; able to effectively juggle multiple tasks/projects at once in a highly fluid work environment
- Must be willing to travel 25-50% as needed
- Bachelor's degree
What Catches Our Eye:
- Fluency in one or more additional European language(s)
- Advanced degree
- Experience at a start-up and/or in the mobility sector
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?