We are Via – Ride with us!
Via is developing the operating system that manages and controls shared mobility at scale.
Our platform provides many millions of rides to consumers in NYC, Chicago, Washington DC, London, Berlin, Amsterdam and many more locations.
We are helping cities transition their bus systems from rigid lines and fixed schedules to on-demand networks of dynamic shuttles.
Our Tel-Aviv office is full of passionate and innovative professionals who love working together to make something great. If you are up for a challenge and have a true desire to make an impact - Come ride with us!
We are looking for a BI Developer to join our R&D center in TLV.
The position is to be part of a Algorithm team responsible for Via’s research on a wide variety of topics, providing data insights , enlightening live dilemmas, and suggesting business/product actions.
You'll play a hands-on role in managing our end-to-end data services. You’ll design, monitor, maintain and optimize our cloud based analytical databases. You’ll be directly involved in all development phases, including designing schemes and supporting algorithm developers in the implementation of database-related code. You’ll work closely with data analysts, scientists and Algo developers teams in our offices around the world ensuring an easy and optimal access to our ever-growing data.
- Design, monitor, maintain and optimize our cloud based analytical databases
- Develop and optimize data flows
- Optimize SQL queries
- Crafting and executing queries upon request for data
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting
- Evaluate and improve existing data flows
- Collaborate with teams to integrate systems
- SQL queries- MUST
- BSc. in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Understanding of databases structure and architecture
- Understand query planner
- Experience with cloud based databases
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling)
- Analytical mind
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Snowflake & Postgresql- advantage
- Excellent intercommunication skills, and a service-oriented team player
- ETL knowledge and experience. (managing Apache Airflow and such)
- Great English speaker