Via is looking for an exceptional lawyer to join us as we continue to rapidly grow our business domestically and internationally and launch in new cities around the world.
As Associate Counsel, Compliance, you will work closely with a small team of highly dedicated and dynamic attorneys who are graduates of the country’s top law schools and alums of elite law firms and the U.S. Department of Justice. You will be a very early hire in the build-out out of Via’s global compliance infrastructure. You will gain hands-on exposure to all aspects of the compliance and regulatory landscape at a cutting-edge technology startup in an industry that presents a broad range of complex and interesting challenges, as well as exposure to several other aspects of highly sophisticated in-house legal work. This position reports to the Head of Litigation and Regulatory Counsel.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and regulations and ordinances, for a wide variety of domestic and international on-demand transit deployments.
- Assist in the formulation, communication and implementation of compliance policies and procedures for a high-growth international business in a shifting regulatory space.
- Partner with cross-disciplinary teams from the company’s engineering, finance, human resources, operations and policy teams to monitor, manage and resolve compliance-related issues.
- Operationalize and effectuate compliance training programs and risk assessments.
- Serve as a knowledgeable internal compliance resource with subject matter expertise in a wide range of key compliance risk areas.
- Stay ahead of and attuned to any changes in regulatory requirements and industry best practices in the ridesharing space.
- Proactively identify compliance gaps and create compliance solutions across various areas of the business.
- Team player who welcomes responsibility and thrives in an intense, fast-paced environment.
- Resourceful self-starter who enjoys wearing multiple hats and digging into challenging projects, big and small.
- Adept multi-tasker with the ability to balance and prioritize multiple time-sensitive tasks effectively and independently.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Impeccable integrity and great judgment.
- Outstanding researcher and writer.
- Meticulous and vigilant, with a keen attention to detail.
- Interested in the changing regulatory landscape of the on-demand transportation industry.
- Excited by start-up culture, workspace, and development.
- Strong data analytics, computer and technical skills for a lawyer, including comfort in working with large data sets and being a proficient user of contract management and data analytics sources.
- JD from a top tier law school and 3 to 5 years’ relevant experience at a top law firm, in-house legal department, compliance department or a combination thereof.
- Experience in the compliance and regulatory space preferred but not required.
- Experience working in a startup environment or in cybersecurity, insurance or litigation a bonus but not required.
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. We’re building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation that’s friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. We’ve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, and we’re growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries and deployments in more than 50 markets, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we’d love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.