Via is re-engineering public transit, from a regulated system of rigid routes and schedules to a fully dynamic, on-demand network. Via’s mobile app connects multiple passengers who are headed the same way, allowing riders to seamlessly share a dynamically-routed vehicle. First launched in New York City in September 2013, the Via platform operates in New York City, Chicago, and Washington DC, and in London and Amsterdam through ViaVan, its joint venture with Mercedes-Benz Vans. Via also licenses its revolutionary on-demand transit technology to transportation players globally.
As a Marketplace Principal, you’ll play an integral part in formulating and executing Via’s global marketplace strategy. You will be responsible for achieving revenue, profitability and growth objectives. You will achieve those goals by generating data-driven insights, executing cross-city initiatives and developing next-generation product features. You will collaborate with a top-notch, global multidisciplinary group of analysts, data scientists, engineers, as well as our finance and operations teams across all our consumer markets.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Own high-level KPIs of the marketplace team: revenue, profitability, quality of service, vehicle utilization, aggregation
- Assess economic impact of current operational decision-making, evaluate performance of our algorithms, determine price changes and experiments
- Improve financial models, data tools, and reporting processes used to evaluate critical data and inform data-driven decisions
- Lead new products and features definition, design and implementation with our R&D team in Tel Aviv, both rider and driver facing
- Work with city teams, general managers, and senior management to develop our global operating strategy and react to ever changing market conditions (competition, rider / driver preferences, legislation, etc.)
- Efficient, organized and independent; you’re a proactive self-starter who is able to effectively juggle multiple projects in a highly fluid work environment and work across multiple teams
- Problem solver; you don’t accept the status quo and are always looking for creative solutions
- A strong executor, you get the job done while keeping the big picture firmly in mind
- Highly analytical and a good communicator. You can not only knock out a complex analysis, but can quickly distill key insights for various groups
- A leader and a team player; no task is ever too small and you always motivate those around you with a great attitude
- 4+ years of work experience in consulting, investment banking, private equity at a top-tier firm or in operations at a high‐growth startup or product management at an established tech company
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree from a top-tier university (MBA strongly preferred) and a record of exceptional academic achievement
- Bonus points for pre-existing knowledge of SQL, a high-level programming language (eg, Python), and/or advanced analytical tools (R, Pandas, Tableau)
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.