Via is re-engineering public transit, from a regulated system of rigid routes and schedules to a fully dynamic, on-demand network. Via’s mobile app connects multiple passengers who are headed the same way, allowing riders to seamlessly share a dynamically-routed vehicle. First launched in New York City in September 2013, the Via platform operates in New York City, Chicago, and Washington DC, and in London and Amsterdam through ViaVan, its joint venture with Mercedes-Benz Vans. Via also licenses its revolutionary on-demand transit technology to transportation players globally.
As a Global Marketplace Economics Principal, you will play an integral role in formulating Via’s global marketplace strategy as we push on achieving profitability and growth objectives. You will lead a team to efficiently operate our real-time service and to push strategic initiatives. You will improve operational processes, design financial analyses, and work with our R&D team on next-gen product features. You will collaborate with a top-notch, global multidisciplinary team to brainstorm and analyze solutions to ensure our service runs flawlessly.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Own and balance unit-economics, quality of service, and growth KPIs
- Lead a team in managing real-time operations and prioritizing highest impact projects
- Assess the economic impact of current operational decision-making and initiatives
- Improve financial models, data tools, and reporting processes used to evaluate critical data and inform data-driven decisions
- Generate and implement creative ideas for Via’s driver platform to optimize profitability and performance
- Work cross-functionally with marketplace, strategic finance, data science, product, engineering, driver growth, and rider experience teams globally as well as Via’s senior management
- Roll up your sleeves and get stuff done - no one will be counted on to execute faster or better
- Efficient, organized and independent; you’re a proactive self-starter who is able to effectively juggle multiple projects in a highly fluid work environment
- Problem solver; you don’t accept the status quo and are always looking for creative solutions
- A strong executor, you get the job done while keeping the big picture firmly in mind
- Strong analytical and communication skills. Exceptional Excel and data synthesis skills with a knack for robust simplicity (Tableau and SQL experience a plus, but not required)
- A leader and a team player; no task is ever too small and you always motivate those around you with a great attitude
- 4+ years of work experience in investment banking, private equity, or consulting at a top-tier firm or in operations at a high‐growth startup or established tech company
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree from a top-tier university (MBA strongly preferred) and a record of exceptional academic achievement
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.