Via is re-engineering public transit, from a regulated system of rigid routes and schedules to a fully dynamic, on-demand network. Via’s mobile app connects multiple passengers who are headed the same way, allowing riders to seamlessly share a dynamically-routed vehicle. First launched in New York City in September 2013, the Via platform operates in New York City, Chicago, and Washington DC, and in London and Amsterdam through ViaVan, its joint venture with Mercedes-Benz Vans. Via also licenses its revolutionary on-demand transit technology to transportation players globally.
As a Global Marketplace Algorithms Principal you’ll lead the efforts of adaptation and improvement of Via’s algorithms. You will work with a top-notch, global multidisciplinary group of analysts, data scientists, engineers, as well as our finance and operations teams to help Via achieve its business goals across all our consumer markets.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identify and quantify opportunities to improve Via’s business performance by algorithmic solutions in areas like supply allocation, detours and aggregation.
- Understand trends and changes in supply and demand distribution, driver and rider behavior preferences and implications on Via’s algorithms
- Develop strategy around Via system parameters to help promote growth and unit economics objectives across all Via consumer cities
- Lead new products and features definition and design with our team in Tel-Aviv, both consumer facing and internal algorithms
- Define city operating strategies with General Managers and the rest of the Global Marketplace team
- 3-5 years in consulting, product management, product analytics or economics research
- Experience working with data scientists and developer
- Proactive approach, very high level of independence and ability to work across multiple teams, geographies, and stakeholders
- A skilled professional communicator - you engage easily with people of all backgrounds and can explain complex concepts
- Bachelor’s Degree from a top-tier university, background in economics, computer science, math, physics or related disciplines
- Quantitative background in economics, computer science, math, physics or related disciplines
- Extra points for skills in:
- Tableau, R, any other statistical analysis packages