At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. We’re building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation that’s friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. We’ve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, and we’re growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries, projects in more than 50 markets, and a goal of 200 deployments by the end of 2019. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Global Marketplace Algorithms Principal you’ll lead the efforts of adaptation and improvement of Via’s algorithms. You will work with a top-notch, global multidisciplinary group of analysts, data scientists, engineers, as well as our finance and operations teams to help Via achieve its business goals across all our consumer markets.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identify and quantify opportunities to improve Via’s business performance by algorithmic solutions in areas like supply allocation, detours and aggregation.
- Understand trends and changes in supply and demand distribution, driver and rider behavior preferences and implications on Via’s algorithms
- Develop strategy around Via system parameters to help promote growth and unit economics objectives across all Via consumer cities
- Lead new products and features definition and design with our team in Tel-Aviv, both consumer facing and internal algorithms
- Define city operating strategies with General Managers and the rest of the Global Marketplace team
- 3-5 years in consulting, product management, product analytics or economics research
- Experience working with data scientists and developer
- Proactive approach, very high level of independence and ability to work across multiple teams, geographies, and stakeholders
- A skilled professional communicator - you engage easily with people of all backgrounds and can explain complex concepts
- Bachelor’s Degree from a top-tier university, background in economics, computer science, math, physics or related disciplines
- Quantitative background in economics, computer science, math, physics or related disciplines
- Extra points for skills in:
- Tableau, R, any other statistical analysis packages