At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. We’re building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation that’s friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. We’ve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, and we’re growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries, projects in more than 50 markets, and a goal of 200 deployments by the end of 2019. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we’d love to hear from you!
As Transit Planning Principal, you’ll be on the cutting-edge of the mobility revolution, combining your exceptional transit planning skills with Via’s sophisticated microtransit simulation technology and best practices to design and optimize microtransit services around the world, all while closely collaborating with our city and transit agency partners.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Solve complex transportation problems by identifying where and how microtransit can improve a multi-modal network by providing a first/last mile service for a bus or rail line, optimizing coverage in areas with under-performing fixed-route service, or upgrading paratransit/dial-a-ride.
- Bring analytical rigor and planning expertise to Via’s sales process by designing customized microtransit services for potential partners (from major transit agencies to small cities) based on their geographies, land-use patterns, policy objectives, and budgets.
- Continuously optimize Via’s partners’ service by providing detailed and action-oriented advice about quality of service, productivity, and fixed-route transit integration opportunities; you will help ensure the success of Via’s global deployments.
- Raise the prominence of microtransit as a mainstream transportation mode through thought leadership, including identifying where microtransit should replace legacy fixed-route bus lines to provide better transportation policy outcomes.
- At least three years of transit planning experience (preferably at a top-notch transportation consulting firm); you’re comfortable doing both route and system level transit analysis, have led complex client-facing studies, and are eager to apply your skills in new and exciting ways.
- Experienced user of transportation analysis and design software, with additional expertise in Tableau, Excel, and specialized geospatial software (such as QGIS or similar).
- Proficiency in demand modeling methodologies for transit service, including familiarity with the use of different kinds of datasets — census, demographic, geospatial data etc.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, especially the ability to break down and communicate complex problems to non-subject matter experts.
- Graduate level degree in transportation planning, urban planning, civil engineering or similar field from a top-tier program strongly preferred.
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.