Via is re-engineering public transit, from a regulated system of rigid routes and schedules to a fully dynamic, on-demand network. Via’s mobile app connects multiple passengers who are headed the same way, allowing riders to seamlessly share a dynamically-routed vehicle. First launched in New York City in September 2013, the Via platform operates in New York City, Chicago, and Washington DC, and in London and Amsterdam through ViaVan, its joint venture with Mercedes-Benz Vans. Via also licenses its revolutionary on-demand transit technology to transportation players globally.
As a Global Marketplace Financial Operations Associate, you will play an integral role in formulating Via’s global marketplace strategy as we push on achieving profitability and growth objectives. You will build financial analyses and operational processes that inform key strategic decisions and address challenges we face as a dynamic fast‐growing company. You will collaborate with a top-notch, global multidisciplinary team to brainstorm, implement, and analyze solutions to optimize our service and ensure that it runs flawlessly.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assess the economic impact of current operational decision-making and initiatives
- Build, maintain, and improve financial models, data tools, and reporting processes used to evaluate critical data and make data-driven decisions
- Generate and implement creative ideas for Via’s driver platform to optimize profitability and performance
- Manage real-time operations with proprietary technology tools to ensure smooth execution
- Work cross-functionally with strategic finance, data science, product, engineering, driver growth, and rider experience teams globally as well as Via’s senior management
- Roll up your sleeves and get stuff done - no one will be counted on to execute faster or better
- Strong analytical and communication skills; you’re able to both crunch numbers and discuss your analysis
- Efficient, organized and independent; a self-starter who is comfortable taking on significant responsibility and learning on the job
- Exceptional Excel and data synthesis skills with a knack for robust simplicity (Tableau and SQL experience a plus, but not required)
- Problem solver; you don’t accept the status quo and are always looking for creative solutions
- Hands-on mentality with a focus on execution; you have a structured way of thinking and your attention to detail is excellent
- Team player; no task is ever too small and you always bring a great attitude
- Several years of experience in investment banking, private equity, or management consulting at a top-tier firm or in operations at a high‐growth company
- Bachelor’s Degree from a top-tier university and a record of exceptional academic achievement
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.