Via, the world’s leading on-demand shared rides technology developer and provider, and Daimler (Mercedes-Benz), the world’s preeminent automotive company, have launched ViaVan, a joint venture to transform the way people move around cities. ViaVan is launching on-demand shared mobility services in Europe using Via’s revolutionary technology and leads the cooperation to design and build transformative mobility technology with both the Via and Mercedes-Benz Vans teams. In Berlin we have launched BerlKönig together with our partners from BVG, Berlin’s public transport agency. Our service here is the largest public sector deployment of an on-demand shuttle service anywhere in the world.
As Accounting Senior Associate based in Berlin, you will be involved in some of the most critical aspects of the finance and accounting functions at ViaVan and you will be part of the team that manages the world’s largest on-demand public transit service.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead all aspects of the monthly close process for Germany: You’ll work closely with other members of the Netherlands based corporate finance team to ensure accurate and timely reporting that will help efficient decision-making at the management and operational level
- Assist in scaling up the Company’s systems, processes and controls: You’ll take a large and strategic role in ensuring compliance and optimization of accounting and tax structures in Germany
- Support the local operations: Work cross-functionally with the operations, growth, data, and partnership teams to understand the implications of new business initiatives and assist in the development of adequate reporting
- Review the weekly payables process for the German operations: Pro-actively coordinate with vendors to maintain an accurate and timely pay cycle
- Monitor the overall treasury functions in Germany: Advise management on the liquidity aspects of the German operations, prepare cash flow forecasts and perform financial modelling; manage relationships with financial service providers and payment processors
- Support finance and accounting projects across ViaVan’s operations throughout Europe: You'll develop a unique understanding of the broader ViaVan business by working with the Netherlands based corporate finance team on different finance and accounting projects.
- Liaise with external audit and tax advisors as it relates to financial reporting, VAT, and other corporate tax compliance requirements: You’ll oversee country level reporting and tax requirements and deadlines, and lead many of the efforts to maintain ViaVan’s compliance in Germany
Who are you:
- 3-6 years of experience working in a professional accounting role in Germany with intimate knowledge of German statutory (local GAAP/IFRS) and tax reporting requirements
- Have at least a Bachelor’s Degree (Master's preferred) in accounting, finance or related field, and a record of exceptional academic achievement;
- Independent, self-starter who is comfortable taking on significant responsibility
- Organized with an ability to multitask and work under deadlines;
- Have a strong sense of ownership; you don’t shy away from the details and you’re committed to completing each task with a high degree of accuracy;
- Experience with NetSuite / ERP systems and local VAT compliance throughout Europe is a plus
- Fully fluent in German and English
What we offer you:
- An important role in a fast growing mission-driven technology company
- A customized selection of projects that will expand your skill set and enable you to grow as a finance professional
- A feedback-seeking culture nurturing a steep personal learning curve
- A great, diverse local team passionate about technology and mobility plus close collaboration with international finance and accounting colleagues in Amsterdam and NYC
- An amazing office in the center of Berlin with healthy fruits, drinks and a subsidized fitness club membership
- Above market compensation package
If you're someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, is passionate about building the next generation of mobility technology, and never backs down from a challenge, we want to hear from you!
If you have any question don't hesitate to contact us.