Via, the world’s leading on-demand shared rides technology developer and provider, and Daimler (Mercedes-Benz), the world’s preeminent automotive company, have launched ViaVan, a joint venture to transform the way people move around cities. ViaVan is launching on-demand shared mobility services in Europe using Via’s revolutionary technology and leads the cooperation to design and build transformative mobility technology with both the Via and Mercedes-Benz Vans teams. In Berlin we have launched BerlKönig together with our partners from BVG, Berlin’s public transport agency. Our service here is the largest public sector deployment of an on-demand shuttle service anywhere in the world.
As Accounting Associate based in Berlin, you will be involved in some of the most critical aspects of the finance and accounting functions at ViaVan and you will be part of the team that manages the world's largest on-demand public transit service.
- Have significant responsibility related to the finance and accounting projects across ViaVan’s operations throughout Europe with a focus on Germany. You’ll develop a unique knowledge and understanding of the business
- Have significant responsibility related to all aspects of the monthly close. You’ll work closely with other members of the finance team to ensure accurate and timely reporting that will help efficient decision-making at the management and operational level
- Lead the weekly payables process for the Berlin operations: Pro-actively coordinate with driver partners and vendors to maintain an accurate and timely pay cycle and monitor the overall treasury functions in Germany
- You’ll be involved in helping scale up the Company’s systems and processes. You’ll take a large role in ensuring compliance and optimization of accounting and tax structures in the countries in which ViaVan operates with a clear responsibility for our German entities.
- Work cross-functionally with operations, growth, data, and partnership teams to understand the implications of new business initiatives and assist in the development of adequate reporting
- Assist in the documentation and implementation of organization wide control processes for various functions
- Liase with external audit and tax advisors as it relates to financial reporting, VAT, and other corporate tax compliance requirements. You’ll quickly become knowledgeable on country level reporting and tax requirements and deadlines, and lead many of the efforts to maintain ViaVan’s compliance in Germany
- Independent, self-starter who is comfortable taking on significant responsibility
- Organized with an ability to multitask and work under deadlines
- Have a strong sense of ownership; you don’t shy away from the details and you’re committed to completing each task with a high degree of accuracy
- Have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or related field, and a record of exceptional academic achievement
- Several years of experience working in a professional accounting or tax role in Germany
- Fully fluent in German and English
- Experience with NetSuite / ERP systems and tax/local VAT compliance in Germany is a plus
- Invest in your professional development and continued success
- Create a customized selection of projects that will expand your skill set and enable you to grow as a finance professional
- Propel you to the next stage of your career
ViaVan offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
ViaVan is an equal opportunity employer.