As Via’s Expansion Director, you won’t be working from an expansion playbook – you’ll be writing it. The Expansion Director role requires a combination of intelligence, creativity, and leadership that few possess. This is an opportunity for a truly outstanding entrepreneur to shape the operation of our game-changing service. You’ll need to be a consummate marketer, an operations workhorse, and an exceptionally creative problem solver.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage Via’s revolutionary mobility solution in West Coast partner cities, including deployments with LA Metro, King County (Seattle), West Sacramento, and beyond
- Own ongoing operational execution and P&L for local partner markets, tirelessly working to scale processes and systems to drive rapid growth
- Work closely with Via’s General Manager of Partner Cities and the Via operations, marketing, and technology development teams to define, coordinate, and oversee all logistical and technical aspects of service development
- Manage product expectations and development, working with our engineering team to distill requests and ideas into actionable next steps and technology features
- Leverage your understanding of Via’s capabilities to inform the ongoing development of our expansion strategy
- Ensure operational excellence, customer satisfaction, and an unbelievable product every day
- Develop positive relationships with stakeholders and partners; foster a collaborative, cohesive, and energetic local presence
- Be the face of Via West Coast; develop relationships with policy makers, key players, and local partners
- An independent self-starter: you thrive in fast-paced environments and feel comfortable with a very high level of responsibility
- A savvy and tactful communicator: you intuitively find the right tone in every situation and can work effectively with city partners
- A no-nonsense thinker: you have sound business sense and make data-driven decisions
- A detail-oriented executor: you’re obsessively action-oriented
- An exceptional leader: people love working with you and for you
- A preternatural entrepreneur: you’re excited to build services from the ground up and shape the strategic direction of our company
- Have an exceptional academic record and prior employment experience
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree (MBA a plus) and a record of exceptional academic achievement
At Via, we're at the cutting edge of mobility. We’re building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale; smart transportation that’s friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. From New York to London, we’ve provided more than 50 million shared rides, and we’re growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries, projects in more than 50 markets, and a goal of hundreds of deployments by the end of 2019. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we’d love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.