Via, the world’s leading on-demand shared rides technology developer and provider, and Daimler (Mercedes-Benz), the world’s preeminent automotive company, have launched ViaVan, a joint venture to transform the way people move around cities. ViaVan is launching on-demand shared mobility services in Europe using Via’s revolutionary technology and leads the cooperation to design and build transformative mobility technology with both the Via and Mercedes-Benz Vans teams. In Berlin we have launched BerlKönig together with our partners from BVG, Berlin’s public transport agency. Our service here is the largest public sector deployment of an on-demand shuttle service anywhere in the world.
As Fleet Operations Manager, your core mission will be to manage the day-to-day operations as well as the strategic development of our large and growing, mostly electric, vehicle fleet in a key growth face of our business. You will also manage an exceptional team of operations staff in our Berlin Driver and Fleet Center. This is a challenging, hands-on management role in the context of a fast-paced tech company. Responsibilities span operations, people-management, and analytics. A successful candidate will enjoy leading people as much as he/she enjoys relentlessly improving our operations processes and the supporting technology solutions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Tirelessly work to ensure our large vehicle fleet is running smoothly by developing effective operational processes (e.g., charging, maintenance, cleaning) and owning a set of operations KPIs (e.g., vehicle uptime) to track your success
- Prepare and implement strategies to scale operational processes and systems to support rapid, yet sustainable growth of our fleet and drivers
- Lead a large team of operations staff in our Berlin Driver and Fleet Center and foster an energetic, inclusive working environment
- Prioritize and solve operational issues in real time and implement creative solutions
- Work with our product managers to further improve our fleet management technology suite to enable ever more excellent operations
- Independent self-starter; you enjoy working hands-on as part of a small team and are excited to help build ViaVan Berlin from the ground up
- Effective at managing multiple tasks simultaneously and comfortable taking on responsibility
- Meticulous and vigilant, with a very high level of attention to detail
- Problem solver; you don’t accept the status quo and are always looking for creative solutions
- A natural leader and people manager; you engage people to drive projects to success
- Skilled at communicating professionally with drivers and other stakeholders from a broad range of backgrounds
- Have a Master’s Degree and at least 5 years of experience in a similar management role
- Are excited by start-up culture, workspace, and development
- Fluent in both German and English
ViaVan offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
ViaVan is an equal opportunity employer.