As Fleet Operations Manager, your core mission will be to manage the day-to-day operations as well as the strategic development of our large and growing, mostly electric, vehicle fleet in a key growth phase of our business. You will also manage an exceptional team of operations staff in our Berlin Driver and Fleet Center. This is a challenging, hands-on management role in the context of a fast-paced tech company. Responsibilities span operations, people-management, and analytics. A successful candidate will enjoy leading people as much as he/she enjoys relentlessly improving our operations processes and the supporting technology solutions.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work tirelessly to ensure our large vehicle fleet is running smoothly by developing effective operational processes (e.g., charging, maintenance, cleaning) and owning a set of operations KPIs (e.g., vehicle uptime) to track your success
- Ensure that new cars are equipped for fleet use
- Plan and coordinate needed infrastructure growth to ensure the operations of our expanding vehicle fleet
- Prepare and implement strategies to scale operational processes and systems to support rapid yet sustainable growth of our fleet
- Lead a team of operations staff and foster an energetic, inclusive working environment.
- Work together Daimler product development teams to develop optimal vehicles for the ride-sharing use-case
- Work with our product managers to further improve our fleet management technology suite to enable ever more excellent operations
Who are you:
- You have 3+ years experience in similar positions
- A natural leader and people manager; you engage people to drive projects to success
- Independent self-starter; you enjoy working hands-on as a part of a small team and are excited to help build ViaVan Berlin from the ground up
- Effective at managing multiple tasks simultaneously and comfortable taking on responsibility
- Meticulous and vigilant, with a very high level of attention to detail
- Problem solver; you don’t accept the status quo and are always looking for creative solutions
- Skilled at communicating professionally with drivers and other stakeholders from a broad range of backgrounds
- Fluent in both German and English
What we offer you:
- An important role in a fast growing, mission-driven technology company
- Meaningful work aimed at radically changing the way we move around in cities
- A feedback-seeking culture nurturing a steep personal learning curve
- A team of inspiring personalities with top-notch backgrounds
- An international environment with close collaboration with colleagues
- Above market compensation package
At ViaVan, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. A joint venture between Via, the world's leading developer and provider of on-demand mass transit technology, and Daimler (Mercedes-Benz), the world's preeminent automotive company, ViaVan is transforming the way people get around. From on-demand buses in London to the world's largest publicly operated electric shuttle fleet in Berlin, ViaVan's sophisticated mobility operating system is powering transportation in Europe's biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players across the continent. We've provided more than 6 million shared rides since our launch in 2017, and we're growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in London, Berlin, and Amsterdam, projects in over a dozen markets, and a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If you're someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, is passionate about building the next generation of mobility technology, and never backs down from a challenge, we want to hear from you!
ViaVan offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
ViaVan is an equal opportunity employer.