Via, the world’s leading on-demand shared rides technology developer and provider, and Daimler (Mercedes-Benz), the world’s preeminent automotive company, have launched ViaVan, a joint venture to transform the way people move around cities. ViaVan is launching on-demand shared mobility services in Europe using Via’s revolutionary technology and leads the cooperation to design and build transformative mobility technology with both the Via and Mercedes-Benz Vans teams. In Berlin we have launched BerlKönig together with our partners from BVG, Berlin’s public transport agency. Our service here is the largest public sector deployment of an on-demand shuttle service anywhere in the world.
As a Principal - Rider Growth you will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of data scientists, engineers, and marketing specialists as well as our partners from BVG to conceptualize, launch, evaluate, and scale growth initiatives designed to grow the user base and increase engagement of our BerlKönig service. You will work on large and complex data sets to understand user patterns, develop hypotheses and strategies for user engagement and retention, and collaborate with teams across Via and ViaVan to implement your strategies and conduct experiments.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Own core growth KPIs (activation, conversion, engagement) for our BerlKönig service in Berlin
- Design innovative engagement tactics and campaigns; oversee creation and implementation of new features, promotions, and online and offline marketing campaigns
- Work with our partners from BVG to align on acquisition target and campaigns
- Lead a team of analysts, engineers, and communication specialists to execute initiatives
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to optimize usability, virality, and engagement of our mobile application
- 4-7 years of experience in growth marketing, product management, or strategy roles
- Independent, enterprising, self-starter who is comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility
- Data-driven, meticulous, and detail-oriented, with a thorough understanding of key growth metrics and statistics
- Strong analytical skills: proficiency in SQL, Tableau or equivalent highly preferred; proficiency in Python or other scripting languages beneficial
- Good communicator who thrives in a collaborative environment and understands how to involve and align multiple stakeholders
- Fully fluent in German and English
ViaVan offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
ViaVan is an equal opportunity employer.