Via is re-engineering public transit, from a regulated system of rigid routes and schedules to a fully dynamic, on-demand network. Via’s mobile app connects multiple passengers who are headed the same way, allowing riders to seamlessly share a dynamically-routed vehicle. First launched in New York City in September 2013, the Via platform operates in New York City, Chicago, and Washington DC, and in London and Amsterdam through ViaVan, its joint venture with Mercedes-Benz Vans. Via also licenses its revolutionary on-demand transit technology to transportation players globally.
As a Customer Acquisition Principal, you will be a core member of the Driver Growth team and will lead driver acquisition efforts in New York and help with acquisition efforts across other Via markets in North America and Europe. You will be responsible for managing acquisition channels, driver incentives, and helping develop strategies to convert leads to Via drivers. Working closely with the Director of Driver Acquisition and a team of marketing professionals and growth hackers, you will be responsible for delivering the new drivers Via will need to sustain the growth of its business.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop acquisition marketing strategy to allocate a multi-million dollar budget across initiatives
- Manage and execute new customer acquisition campaigns
- Uncover new growth opportunities - including new platforms, channels, promotions, email, in-app messaging, etc. - to acquire drivers
- Innovate and implement test and learn strategies and drive scalable results
- Work with product teams to champion product-led opportunities for driver growth
- Work alongside a world-class team of acquisition marketers and growth hackers continuously improving driver acquisition KPIs
- Optimize conversion through testing paid media campaigns and organic initiatives
- Constantly scrutinize and analyze all ongoing initiatives and strategies, reacting appropriately to pivot spend and capitalize on opportunities
- Own key business metrics, support in-depth business reviews and present to senior executives
- Work closely with Brand and Design teams to craft effective messaging for new drivers
- 4-6 years in growth or acquisition marketing, with a track record of planning and executing customer acquisition strategies
- Customer oriented: understanding the psychology of what works and why
- Channel expertise across the entire marketing mix of owned, earned, and paid channels
- Background in marketing technology and data analytics, including experience with multi-channel attribution, conversion rate optimization, and customer segmentation
- Experience working with data scientists, data visualization tools, attribution modeling, and data feeds
- Hands-on, proactive approach and established testing philosophy
- Ability to work with multiple teams and functions within the company including creative, engineering, marketing, and legal
- High level of independence and ability to execute across the marketing stack
- A skilled professional communicator - you engage easily with people of all backgrounds
- Self-starter who can power through ambiguity and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment.
- Bachelor's degree from a top school with strong academic performance
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.