Via is re-engineering public transit, from a regulated system of rigid routes and schedules to a fully dynamic, on-demand network. Via’s mobile app connects multiple passengers who are headed the same way, allowing riders to seamlessly share a dynamically-routed vehicle. First launched in New York City in September 2013, the Via platform operates in New York City, Chicago, and Washington DC, and in London and Amsterdam through ViaVan, its joint venture with Mercedes-Benz Vans. Via also licenses its revolutionary on-demand transit technology to transportation players globally.
As a Revenue & Pricing Quantitative Analyst, you will play a key role in maximizing revenue growth in Via’s consumer cities. You’ll work closely with operations teams, financial analysts, product experts, engineers, and data scientists to develop and research ideas, deploy tests, and execute on strategies. Sample topics could include measuring rider price sensitivity, optimizing dynamic pricing, or understanding the long-term effects of pricing on rider engagement. We are a low-ego, high-impact team who enjoy finding creative solutions to complex problems.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Dive into data to understand revenue drivers, identifying opportunities to increase revenue and ride growth through pricing adjustments, product features, or other methods
- Taking on speculative research projects that use Via’s proprietary datasets to find insights about rider behavior and price sensitivity
- Structuring, executing, and analyzing AB tests for new features and pricing strategies
- Work with senior management to develop global pricing and revenue strategy
- Build out technical improvements to our systems, ranging from automated end-to-end data modeling, to helpful Slack bots
- Quantitative background in engineering, computer science, math or related disciplines
- Strong communication and business sense - can understand which analyses are important, concisely communicate insights, and recommend how to use these to drive impact
- Able to own projects end-to-end, prioritize, and work independently
- Possess the interpersonal skills to work quickly across multiple teams, geographies, and stakeholders
- At least 3 years of experience with SQL, and at least 2 years of experience with a high-level programming language - all at a high level of competency
- Extra points for:
- Experience with analytical tools (Tableau, R, any other statistical analysis package)
- Experience in product pricing or financial analyses
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree from a top-tier university in a quantitative field and a record of exceptional academic achievement
- Preferred: Hold a graduate degree in a quantitative field
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.