We are looking for an experienced Android Team Leader to join Via’s mobile group. You’ll be leading a team of developers, directly contributing to our Rider facing products. You’ll take a critical part in our mission to shape the future of transportation, affecting tens of thousands of riders daily worldwide.
What You'll Do
- You’ll lead our Android Rider-facing apps mobile team. You’ll also manage the day-to-day activities of the team, initiating projects and improving processes.
- You will think, design and be in charge of executing the great products developed by your team.
- Be the full tech owner of your team’s products
- Be a hands-on developer in your team - designing, coding, and delivering features to production
- Grow and mentor your team members
- Take end-to-end professional responsibility over your team’s Agile development life-cycle
- Proactively build your team, recruiting and on-boarding
Who You Are
- 2+ years experience in managing and leading mobile teams—including evaluating technologies, work methods, and design
- 5+ years of solid experience building complex mobile apps in Android
- B.Sc Computer Science, Mathematics, or any related degree
- All-around team player and self-motivated individual
- Passion for code craftsmanship
- Experience working on high-scale, production-grade projects
- An expert in balancing the trade-offs between technical and product priorities
- Independent, responsible, with a true desire to make an impact
- Humble and low ego
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?