Via is re-engineering public transit, from a regulated system of rigid routes and schedules to a fully dynamic, on-demand network. Via’s mobile app connects multiple passengers who are headed the same way, allowing riders to seamlessly share a dynamically-routed vehicle. First launched in New York City in September 2013, the Via platform operates in New York City, Chicago, and Washington DC, and in London and Amsterdam through ViaVan, its joint venture with Mercedes-Benz Vans. Via also licenses its revolutionary on-demand transit technology to transportation players globally.
As Director of Driver Acquisition, your mission will be to spearhead driver acquisition efforts across all Via consumer markets in North America and Europe. You will be launching and scaling acquisition channels, setting up new driver incentives, and developing strategies to convert leads to Via drivers. Working closely with the Head of Driver Growth, General Managers and leading a team of marketing professionals and growth hackers, you will be responsible for delivering the new drivers Via will need to sustain the growth of its business.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work as the senior leadership component of the driver acquisition vertical, engaging with top-level management across the company
- Build and lead a world-class team of acquisition marketers and growth hackers
- Uncover new growth opportunities (including new platforms, channels, and advertising and integration opportunities) to acquire new and engaged drivers
- Own a multi-million dollar acquisition marketing budget including all advertising and promotional spend
- Be the primary touchpoint with product teams to champion product and technology-led opportunities for driver growth
- Optimize conversion through testing through paid media campaigns, organic initiatives, and conversion rate optimization
- Constantly scrutinize and analyze all ongoing initiatives and strategies, reacting appropriately to pivot spend and capitalize on opportunities
- Work closely with Brand and Design teams to craft effective messaging for new drivers
- 6+ years in growth and acquisition marketing, with a track record of creating, planning and executing customer acquisition strategies to drive transformative business results
- Customer oriented: understanding the psychology of what works and why
- Channel expertise across the entire marketing mix including offline and online channels
- Strong background in marketing technology and data analytics, including experience with multi-channel attribution, conversion rate optimization, and customer segmentation
- Experience working with data scientists, data visualization tools, attribution modeling, and data feeds
- Hands-on, proactive approach and established testing philosophy
- Excellent leadership and team-building skills
- Ability to work with multiple teams and functions within the company including creative, engineering, marketing, and legal
- High level of independence and ability to execute across the marketing stack
- A skilled professional communicator - you engage easily with people of all backgrounds
- Self-starter who can power through ambiguity and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment.
- Bachelor's degree from a top school with strong academic performance, MBA preferred
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.