We are Via – Ride with us!
Via is developing the operating system that manages and controls shared mobility at scale.
Our platform provides many millions of rides to consumers in NYC, Chicago, Washington DC, London, Berlin, Amsterdam and many more locations.
We are helping cities transition their bus systems from rigid lines and fixed schedules to on-demand networks of dynamic shuttles.
Our Tel-Aviv office is full of passionate and innovative professionals who love working together to make something great. If you are up for a challenge and have a true desire to make an impact - Come ride with us!
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our R&D center in TLV.
The position is to be part of a Development team responsible for Via’s mission.
As a Data Engineer you will help enables mass-scale, highly complex and data intensive operational service alongside cutting-edge algorithmic and analytics research for our full scale, multi location ride sharing service.
- Defining and implementing effective data scaling infrastructure solutions based on best-in-class standard tools.
- Driving speed, simplicity and robustness in production deployments.
- Implementing data-rich system components at the core of system scaling.
- Designing the ETL procedures to transform the concepts you design into reality.
- BSc. Computer Science/Software Engineer/ Industrial Engineer-Information Systems or similar
- 4-5 years of professional experience
- Have a solid background in databases, data warehouses and at least one object oriented programming language.
- Are familiar with cloud-based deployment (AWS or other platforms).
- Fast learner: you can quickly master concepts, disciplines and methods.
- Team worker: you understand the goals of the team and work towards them.
- Pragmatic: you hear about a difficult problem and are able to transform it into a simple one (or more) that you can easily solve.
- Concise: you get stuff done, in a simple, elegant way.