We are looking for an Algorithms Researcher to join our R&D department in TLV. The position is to explore the vast collection of relevant data and create the artificial intelligence algorithms that drive Via's mass scale, complex, multi-dimensional automated dispatch.
What You'll Do
- Mathematically model the competing demands on Via's system.
- Use sophisticated statistical methods to analyze demand, traffic and fleet performance, and generate insights that inform algorithm development.
- Develop online decision-making systems that optimize system utilization while maintaining quality of service for riders.
- Develop algorithms that implement decision-making systems in an efficient and scalable way.
Who You Are
- MSc/PhD Computer Science / Mathematics / Physics or similar
- Significant academic research experience in relevant fields.
- Extensive knowledge of algorithms, with a focus on graph theory and combinatorial optimization.
- 4-5 years of experience in hands-on algorithms development
- Analytical: you can extract the essential features of a complex real-life problem to arrive at a simple and relevant mathematical model.
- Experience in Python programming - Advantage
- Fast learner: you can quickly master concepts, disciplines and methods.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Hands-on: you are able to realize your ideas in code.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?