We are looking for an Algorithms Researcher to join our R&D department in TLV.
The position is to explore the vast collection of relevant data and create the artificial intelligence algorithms that drive Via's mass scale, complex, multi-dimensional automated dispatch.
- Mathematically model the competing demands on Via's system.
- Use sophisticated statistical methods to analyze demand, traffic and fleet performance, and generate insights that inform algorithm development.
- Develop online decision-making systems that maximize fleet utilization while maintaining quality of service for riders.
- Develop algorithms that implement decision-making systems in an efficient and scalable way.
- BSc. Computer Science or similar.
- 4-5 years of professional experience.
- Significant academic research experience in relevant fields.
- Extensive knowledge of algorithms, with a focus on graph theory.
- Good understanding of statistics and data analysis techniques.
- Analytical: you can extract the essential features of a complex real-life problem to arrive at a simple and relevant mathematical model.
- Fast learner: you can quickly master concepts, disciplines and methods.
- Team worker: you understand the goals of the team and work towards them.
- Hands-on: you are able to realize your ideas in code.
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. We’re building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation that’s friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. We’ve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, and we’re growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries and deployments in more than 50 markets, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we’d love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.