We are looking for an Algorithms Researcher to join our R&D department in TLV. The position is to explore the vast collection of relevant data and create the artificial intelligence algorithms that drive Via's mass scale, complex, multi-dimensional automated dispatch.
What You'll Do
- Mathematically model the competing demands on Via's system.
- Use sophisticated statistical methods to analyze demand, traffic and fleet performance, and generate insights that inform algorithm development.
- Develop online decision-making systems that maximize fleet utilization while maintaining quality of service for riders.
- Develop algorithms that implement decision-making systems in an efficient and scalable way.
Who You Are
- BSc. Computer Science or similar.
- 4-5 years of professional experience.
- Significant academic research experience in relevant fields.
- Extensive knowledge of algorithms, with a focus on graph theory.
- Good understanding of statistics and data analysis techniques.
- Analytical: you can extract the essential features of a complex real-life problem to arrive at a simple and relevant mathematical model.
- Fast learner: you can quickly master concepts, disciplines and methods.
- Team worker: you understand the goals of the team and work towards them.
- Hands-on: you are able to realize your ideas in code.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems and sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized and customizable solutions for each and every one of our global partners (100 and counting, last we checked…)
Long story short: we’re very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world and modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.