Via, the world’s leading on-demand shared rides technology developer and provider, and Daimler (Mercedes-Benz), the world’s preeminent automotive company, have launched ViaVan, a joint venture to transform the way people move around cities. ViaVan will launch on-demand shared mobility services in Europe using Via’s revolutionary technology and lead the cooperation to design and build transformative mobility technology with both the Via and Mercedes-Benz Vans teams.
As an Expansion Principal, you will plan and oversee the launch of new Via markets throughout the world. You'll also lead the deployment of Via's game-changing technology in partnerships with cities, public transit agencies, corporations, colleges, and other transportation providers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Define, coordinate, and oversee all logistical and technical aspects of launching Via’s revolutionary mobility solution in new markets, working closely with Via’s operations, marketing, and technology development teams
- Manage and develop client relationships from the close of a new deal through the launch, translating a business agreement into a fully operational on-demand transit system
- Lead quality assurance and testing efforts for all of our new projects to ensure an exceptional live service from day one, and provide ongoing support as needed to enable and promote project success
- Own ongoing operational execution and P&L for partner markets, tirelessly working to scale processes and systems to drive rapid growth
- Manage product expectations and development, working with our engineering team to distill requests and ideas into actionable next steps and technology features
- Leverage your understanding of Via’s capabilities to inform the ongoing development of our expansion strategy
- Detail-oriented and thorough; you’re a proactive self-starter who is able to effectively juggle multiple projects in a highly fluid work environment
- Thrive in fast-paced environments, troubleshooting issues in real-time and overseeing multiple tasks simultaneously
- A strong executor, you get the job done while keeping the big picture firmly in mind
- A savvy and tactful communicator with experience managing complex business relationships; you intuitively find the right tone and feel comfortable working with people from a wide range of backgrounds
- Enjoy travel and are excited by the dynamic and mobile nature of this position
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree from a top-tier university (MBA a plus) and a record of exceptional academic achievement (minimum GPA of 3.5/4.0)
- Fluent in German
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.