As an Expansion Principal, you will plan and oversee the launch of new ViaVan markets. You'll also lead the deployment of ViaVan's game-changing technology in partnerships with cities, public transit agencies, corporations, colleges, and other transportation providers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Define, coordinate, and oversee all logistical and technical aspects of launching ViaVan’s revolutionary mobility solution in new markets, working closely with ViaVan's and Via’s operations, marketing, and technology development teams
- Manage and develop client relationships from the close of a new deal through the launch, translating a business agreement into a fully operational on-demand transit system
- Lead quality assurance and testing efforts for all of our new projects to ensure an exceptional live service from day one, and provide ongoing support as needed to enable and promote project success
- Own ongoing operational execution and P&L for partner markets, tirelessly working to scale processes and systems to drive rapid growth
- Manage product expectations and development, working with our engineering team to distill requests and ideas into actionable next steps and technology features
- Leverage your understanding of ViaVan’s capabilities to inform the ongoing development of our expansion strategy
- Native German speaker
- Detail-oriented and thorough; you’re a proactive self-starter who is able to effectively juggle multiple projects in a highly fluid work environment
- Thrive in fast-paced environments, troubleshooting issues in real-time and overseeing multiple tasks simultaneously
- A strong executor, you get the job done while keeping the big picture firmly in mind
- A savvy and tactful communicator with experience managing complex business relationships; you intuitively find the right tone and feel comfortable working with people from a wide range of backgrounds
- Enjoy travel and are excited by the dynamic and mobile nature of this position
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree from a top-tier university (MBA a plus) and a record of exceptional academic achievement (minimum GPA of 3.5/4.0)
At ViaVan, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. A joint venture between Via, the world's leading developer and provider of on-demand mass transit technology, and Daimler (Mercedes-Benz), the world's preeminent automotive company, ViaVan is transforming the way people get around. From on-demand buses in London to the world's largest publicly operated electric shuttle fleet in Berlin, ViaVan's sophisticated mobility operating system is powering transportation in Europe's biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players across the continent. We've provided more than 6 million shared rides since our launch in 2017, and we're growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in London, Berlin, and Amsterdam, projects in over a dozen markets, and a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If you're someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, is passionate about building the next generation of mobility technology, and never backs down from a challenge, we want to hear from you!
ViaVan offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
ViaVan is an equal opportunity employer.