At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. We’re building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation that’s friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. We’ve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, and we’re growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries, projects in more than 50 markets, and a goal of 200 deployments by the end of 2019. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Global Marketplace Quantitative Analytics Associate, you’ll play an integral part in formulating Via’s financial marketplace strategy, aimed at optimizing profit/loss while driving growth. You will collaborate with a top-notch, global multidisciplinary group of analysts, data scientists, engineers, as well as our finance and operations teams. You will be responsible for proactively identifying profit/loss drivers and patterns but also brainstorming and testing solutions across all markets where we operate.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identify and quantify profit opportunities and loss drivers across Via’s markets and products, with a focus on areas related to pricing, driver incentives, operational algorithms and fraud risk.
- Dive into data to identify root causes of profit/loss, establish and implement new processes and constantly evaluate the impact of your actions
- Work across Via’s teams to design and build data products that enable smart, data driven decision making
- Contribute to the development of new products and algorithms, both consumer facing and internal
- Develop our global city-operating strategy and work closely with Via’s senior management
- Looking for a fast-paced, startup environment
- Quantitative background in engineering, computer science, math or related disciplines
- Strong analytical and communication skills; you’re able to both crunch data and discuss your analysis
- Organized and independent; comfortable taking on significant responsibility
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree from a top-tier university in a quantitative field and a record of exceptional academic achievement
- At least 3 years of experience with SQL, and at least 2 years of experience with a high-level programming language - all at a high level of competency
- Extra points for:
- Experience with analytical tools (Tableau, R, any other statistical analysis package)
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.